Northeast Regional Underwriting Manager (336985)
Northeast Regional Underwriting Manager
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is currently seeking a skilled Corporate Accident & Special Risk AVP to join it's Accident & Health Insurance practice in New York City.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Individual will focus on underwriting new and renewal Business Travel Accident, Out of Country Medical, Basic and Voluntary AD&D, and Participant Accident products.
- Oversee, manage and underwrite scholastic business within NE region, as well as outside the NE.
- Underwriting duties will include developing and negotiating price, coverage, terms and conditions for all new business and renewals.
- Maintain underwriting discipline by complying with underwriting authority, guidelines, and directives.
- Work closely with home office underwriting, actuarial, product development, and legal teams.
- Play a key role in working towards achieving the regional financial plan.
- Assist in achieving renewal retention plan by issuing timely renewal notices, working closely with the broker through the renewal life cycle, and providing timely updates to the regional manager.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Manager, regional operations, and other lines of business to achieve new business goals.
- Build strong relationships with producers
- Ensure data and document repository systems are complete and accurate.
- Conduct monthly underwriter audits
- Train and mentor new hires and junior underwriters.