Project Manager, Planning Systems Architecture ( 572195-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This position conceptualizes, designs and manages Planning Systems within the Global Supply Chain (GSC) organization. This position's primary focus is on the process re-design and transformation within the Network Planning Systems Functional Areas, with the concentration on Access, CORE and RAN material planning.
- As the Principal Systems Architect Lead, the individual will act as the liaison between the business planners, external Supply Partners, Global Technical Solutions (GTS), Business Subject Matter Experts (SME) as well as our 1ERP Program Office.
- Responsible for leading the system design for aligning process and systems strategies with impacted (internal/external) teams, with a strong focus on requirements gathering, systems readiness, and testing/validations required for the successful implementation of highly visible / high impact/ Strategic programs.
- Requires the ability to champion, develop, influence and foster key relationships that are critical to the success of strategic and transformational initiatives such as our 1ERP program.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required, as well as leadership skills in order to influence peers, SMEs and executives within his/her own organization as well as outside the organization.
- Responsible for project managing several strategic projects and programs simultaneously
- Responsible for ensuring all knowledge transfer and Organizational Change Management (OCM) activities are executed by accountable teams to ensure proper adoption for process and system execution by impacted end users to ensure stabilization
- Accountable for providing strategic direction on the Development and ongoing evolution of system enhancements.
- Acting as a project management lead for requirements design specific to Network planning systems initiatives including but not limited to new design/architecture, as well as planning for Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery (DR) Management related activities during off hours.
- Manage Environment Refresh coordination with GTS and external Suppliers, as well as ongoing code change implementations and cloud upgrades.
- Maintain on-going interaction with client groups and other functional areas relating to objectives, deliverables, resource allocation and related matters within the Global Supply Chain Systems and processes.
- Leading all aspects of the system implementation and coordination with IT for projects related to Disaster Recovery, Environment Changes, and will be a single point of contact for the GTS team.
- Ability to develop resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity and independent thinking.
- This position maintains on-going interaction with client groups and other functional areas relating to objectives, deliverables, resource allocation and related matters within the Global Supply Chain Systems and processes.
This position has no direct reporting resources, however, the candidate will be responsible for leading members of the production support team in order to provide oversight for defect resolution and tracking, thus the candidate needs to be able to influence and encourage others in order to successfully support the needs of the business.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience in Planning Systems
- Proficiency and understanding in SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain (SAP IBP) software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Able to balance multiple projects with sometimes conflicting priorities
- Project Management and Organizational Change Management Skills
- Ability to analyze data and identify emerging trends and issues
- Willingness to travel
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Cloud-Based Planning Solutions in areas of Forecasting/Demand, Inventory, Supply, and S&OP.
- Experience in Software Implementation
- Experience with ERPs
- Experience with Ariba Supply Chain Collaboration (SCC)
- Lean Six Sigma / process improvement experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.