Technical Manager - 5G Sports Innovation ( 569386-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In this role, you'll be part of the Sports Innovation Team delivering next-generation experiences to fans and sports teams (professional and amateur). The role will require you to provide thought leadership to partners and internal teams to deliver next generation experience leveraging the power of 5G and MEC. You will be tasked to innovate in the Edge Computing space by working alongside the MEC architecture team, partners, Verizon Business Group (VBG) and sports leagues.
You will have the opportunity to assess innovative ways to derive real-time tracking data from sports athletes and deliver it through 5G & MEC. This would require you to work with the leagues/sports clubs in collecting sensor data from players and turn that around and work with internal/external partners to provide that data tofans and coaching staff. This role requires you to have a technical thought leadership with abilities to make technical and business recommendation and build consensus.
- Create requirements based on sport league/club needs and develop, define and document end-to-end architectures and test plans.
- Create a well-defined user journey/story on how tracking data derived can be utilized by end users including sports clubs and find opportunities to drive business value.
- Communicate to key stakeholders and gain consensus that the specifications meet the technical requirements and business expectations.
- Perform early technology evaluation from partners and manage partner engagements.
- Provide technical guidance on onboarding partners to Verizon MEC.
- Manage and negotiate partner engagements through Statement of Works.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% or less.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer science or related field or four or more years of work experience.
- Knowledge of the Verizon network 5G/4G, Mobile Edge Compute (MEC) and virtualized networks.
- A proven track of managing and delivering projects from ideation level to pro-type and on to a path for commercialization.
- Experience in working on cross functional teams (interpersonal skills, relationship building abilities, communication and presentation skills) on multiple high priority projects.
- Experience in product development and commercialization.
- PMP and Agile Certifications.
- Experience in one or more of the following cloud platforms: AWS Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, and VCP.
- Experience in transport technology and provisioning private dedicated circuits.
- Experience in two or more of the following languages: Java, Python, C++.
- Experience in network engineering and/or operations systems and processes: Telecommunications, 4G/5G.
- Networking, RAN, Virtualization or Cloud technologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.