Financial Services Mergers & Acquisitions Strategy Manager (39826)
- Optimize their portfolio
- Identify the right targets and assess fit to their strategic objectives.
- Work with senior executives to develop corporate development and define how they employ M&A in alignment with their corporate strategy to drive profitable growth and enable them to compete effectively in their industry. This is provided through corporate strategy, organic and inorganic growth paths, target profiles and investment thesis.
- Test the information that informs a client's M&A deal valuation and post-merger acquisition plan. We can validate a target's recurring revenue, growth, and margin sustainability, as well as conduct rapid primary research on its markets, customers, suppliers, and competitors worldwide.
- Develop hypotheses for value creation and transformation creatively; Assess value, costs, timing and risks for opportunities through strategic and operational diligence. Our professionals assist clients with critically evaluating a target's attractiveness through operational assessments and risk mitigation strategies. We link these findings to deal value for informed transaction decision-making, negotiations, and eventual strategic and financial value realization.
- 6 years M&A experience
- 4+ years of experience within a Financial Institution including the following sectors: Payments, Banking, FinTech, Asset Management, Insurance
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Ability to travel 50%
- Ability to work with clients on Day One readiness and execution.
- Proficiency executing synergy targeting and realization.
- Experience conducting operating model fine-tuning and organizational design.
- Understanding of cross-functional and functional coordination.
- Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor junior practitioners.
- Experience and ability to perform analysis and synthesize data into useful insights. Experience in financial analysis, operational performance improvement analysis and financial modeling.
- Experience managing large projects through a PMO or participating in a PMO as a workstream lead.
- Experience with project management tools and techniques such as developing a project plan, milestone plan, dependency identification, status reporting, and issue resolution.
- Knowledge of core financial processes (order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, record-to-report, etc.) and potential impacts associated with merger activities.
- Industry or consulting experience with financial reporting, finance processes, finance transformation/strategy, or finance shared services, particularly in relation to M&A or restructuring activity.
- Experience in M&A synergy capture, operational restructuring, cost reduction, shared services, outsourcing and process redesign.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Apply practical experience with communications, culture, and change management.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloittes impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area youre applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.