Central Characterization Program (CCP) Vendor Project Manager (VPM) (30887)
Nuclear Waste Partnership, an LLC of Amentum, is seeking candidates for a rewarding career opportunity to support the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) and be part of the nation’s only repository for the disposal of nuclear waste known as Transuranic (TRU) waste. We seek a Central Characterization Program (CCP) Vendor Project Manager (VPM) in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
The successful candidate will:
- Obtain qualification as CCP Vendor Project Manager.
- Interface with working groups and customers from outside organizations as needed to complete work scope.
- Provide oversight of CCP operations personnel; provide conduct-of-operations leadership and expertise.
- Provide direction to assigned personnel regarding execution of work scope.
- Coordinate and supervise CCP equipment deployment, demobilization and maintenance activities.
- Perform management observations.
- Develop lessons learned and task specific briefings as necessary.
- Mentor team members and provide opportunities for professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work schedule for this position is Monday through Thursday from 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (30 – 33)
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science related field with two (2) years of related experience, or
- Associate’s degree with six (6) years of related experience, or
- High School Diploma or GED with ten (10) years of experience is required.
- Two (2) years of experience executing work in a DOE nuclear facility is mandatory.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE “Q” or “L” Clearance with a HRP Certification.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
- Three (3) years of experience executing work in a DOE nuclear facility is preferred.
- Current DOE Q Clearance is desired.
- Preference given to candidates with demonstrated working knowledge of CCP TRU Waste Characterization activities and equipment.
- One year in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Previous WIPP Project or CCP experience is a plus.