Manufacturing Automation Senior Manager (40808)
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years consulting/and or industry experience
- 5+ years heavy manufacturing experience
- Functional knowledge of intelligent automation, including market-leading trends and platforms (e.g., Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath, and WorkFusion.)
- Functional knowledge of intelligent automation market leading trends and technologies including IA, AI, RPA, intelligence document processing, analytics, machine learning, NLP and/or NLG.
- Experience leading or managing teams and change initiatives (especially in a project management role)
- Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources
- Must be a US Citizen
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Ability to lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Strong functional knowledge of automation suite of capabilities including workflow management, case management, OCR and associated tools in the marketplace
- Exceptional communication and analytical skills with the ability to communicate findings to clients and team members.
- Ability to anticipate client and project requirements in advance to plan for successful execution of projects
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team in fast-paced client environment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
Work you'll do
- Responsible for driving the strategy and design, and ensuring delivery of robotic and intelligent automation solutions; understanding our client's business challenges and integrating capabilities such as RPA, machine learning, NLP, and intelligent virtual assistants to create seamless solutions
- Advise clients in making strategic decisions and implementing intelligent automation solutions in functional areas such as Finance & Accounting, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Data Management with increasing demand for heart of the business functions like engineering, merchandizing, and sales
- Serve as integrators between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology enabled solutions tailored to solve business challenges
- Work with clients to develop strategy and governance for the broader organizational intelligent automation program and goals (e.g., establishment of COE, automation vision and program objectives, automation organizational structure)
- Collaborate with firm technical leaders to understand and bring to bear innovative AI / Cognitive and digital technologies to transform business processes
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize key areas of the business where ML, NLP and other intelligent automation and AI solutions can drive significant business benefit
• Drive both client and Deloitte conversations about automation suite of capabilities including workflow management, case management, Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Guide both client and Deloitte teams in identifying and prioritizing automation candidates and develop associated business cases for opportunities
- Review client engagement deliverables (e.g., Business Cases, CoE playbooks, intelligent automation pipeline, process design documents, test strategies and plans) to ensure quality of content and presentation aligned with statement of work and Deloitte standards
- Coordinate with technical teams to identify and triage performance and operational issues that arise throughout the course of automation implementations
- Advise clients to start and/or scale automation programs by sharing insights about automation trends in the marketplace including art of the possible using intelligent automation, 3 rd party vendor capabilities, scaling challenges, technology requirements, etc.
- Partner with senior client leadership throughout the course of planning and implementation engagements, and serve as a liaison with the technical team and client team
- Support Deloitte leadership with business development efforts, including account building, sales pursuits, and thoughtware development
- Foster talent within the A&C team, building high performing teams and supporting development of staff within the practice
Industrial Products & Construction
Our Industrial Products & Construction sector is undergoing rapid advances in supply chain management, advanced analytics capabilities, Smart Buildings, and Industry 4.0 innovation. While currently serving the vast majority of Industrial Products and Construction Fortune 500 companies, we work towards aggressive revenue growth goals over the next 3-5 years. We are committed to helping our clients work with newly empowered customers, hyper-connected digital ecosystems, and expansion in data in collaboration with Deloitte's Offering Portfolios.
Strategy Analytics & Cognitive Team
The US Analytics & Cognitive Offering is the premier data-powered and platform-enabled Cognitive Consultancy. We help clients achieve competitive advantage through data and cognitive powered transformations that promote enterprise intelligence, autonomous processes, and precision stakeholder engagement.
Many of the world's leading businesses count on us to deliver powerful outcomes, not just insights, for their toughest challenges. Fast. Our analytics practice is built around the wide range of needs our clients bring to us. Data scientists, data architects, business and domain specialists who bring a wealth of business-specific knowledge, visualization and design specialists, and of course technology and application engineers.