Technical Product Manager - Consumer Cloud & Platforms ( 572137-1G )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is undergoing a transformation from a telecommunications company to a technology company, and we are in search of the next generation of Technical Product Managers to help us drive forward. We are dedicated to providing growth opportunities for committed and ambitious teammates. One such product is the Verizon cloud consumer product – a backup and storage for your phone (photos, contacts etc)
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be playing a key role in getting to market new features for Verizon consumer cloud product. This role will require working closely with the Commercial/ business team to align on the roadmap and translating business requirements into a product or feature. The technical product manager will work closely with the vendor or engineering teams to deliver and launch the product.
Apart from execution, the TPM will also be part of an ideation team to help evolve the product and contribute new ideas for product expansion. Our team is passionate about early-stage ideation and product development. We regularly pitch new product ideas to executive leadership.
- Work closely with business team to align on roadmap and feature development.
- Define goals and conditions for trials and user research for concept evaluation.
- Work with development teams and vendors to manage products from concept to delivery.
- Communicate product benefits to customers, end users, and internal stakeholders.
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships at multiple levels within the company, including commercial, engineering, marketing, sales, and services.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of product management experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Six or more years of experience working on mobile technologies/applications.
- Experience in developing and improving mobile applications.
- Strong with user experience design and user research.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies, including Product Owner are highly desirable.
- Ability to collaborate and interact across functional boundaries and across multiple organizational levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.