Tax Senior Manager, National Tax Accounting Group (41055)
- Lead engagement teams and work with Partners and Managing Directors to provide day-to-day management of tax accounting services to non-attest clients.
- Manage tax accounting projects utilizing a standardized approach to review income tax provision calculations and manage the delivery of provision services.
- Work closely with Partners and Managing Directors to expand the ASC 740 skills of our team, drive innovation, enhance cross-service line teaming, grow tax revenue, and build our Deloitte brand.
- Mentor and develop engagement Staff, Seniors and Managers, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance specifically assisting with their technical and other professional development.
- Actively participate in marketplace activities, recruiting, and process and technology innovation.
- Identify service opportunities and advance Deloitte Tax initiatives.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of clients while developing a solid reputation as a subject matter expert in income taxation.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning idea, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation - all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality.
Our National Tax Accounting Group (NTAG) operates within Deloitte's NFTS practice. NTAG professionals offer a combination of tax accounting technical capabilities and an innovative mindset to help our clients mitigate risk and identify opportunities. NTAG assists companies with all aspects of their financial reporting of income taxes including tax provision assistance and tax accounting guidance and consulting related to planning initiatives and strategic transactions (e.g., acquisition accounting, disc ops accounting and carve-out financial statements). In addition, we bring a fresh perspective with a strategic, innovated mindset, which allows us to increase the efficiency of the tax accounting process.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other business-related field
- 8+ years of experience with income taxes in accordance to ASC 740 and/or IAS 12
- A background in tax compliance and accounting for income tax and a broad understanding of US income taxation
- CPA, Attorney License, or Enrolled Agent accreditation obtained or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain
- Experience with ONESOURCE Tax Provision (OTP) or other similar provision software
- Professional services or comparable tax organization experience
- Proven management experience indicating strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and manage budgets and work plans
- Some travel expected (while travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as MST or MAcc
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple, competing priorities
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience.
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $109,200 to $185,000. You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.