Engineering Manager-FAA DER (31057)
The Engineering Manager (FAA-DER) is responsible for establishing and conforming aircraft and equipment to maintenance and modification data; data management; configuration control; and reliability analysis.
• Generate FAA-approved design data for Part 23, 25, & 27 aircraft repair or modification
• Generate design data for CBP/DoD approval for aircraft repair or modification
• Coordinate test flights and Special Airworthiness Certification to show compliance with FAA regulations
• Conduct Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
• Coordinate with other agencies to process design approval and conformity
• Generate Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA)
• Establish and maintain Contractor Developed Technical Directives
• Provide structural engineering design and project coordination
• Corporate Documentation Control Policies & Procedures Flow-down
• Customer Documentation Control Policies & Procedures Flow-down
• Performs design drafting in support of program engineering and other drawings
• Maintains control of drawing revisions to assure only current drawings are used
• Maintains archive of design drawings
• Maintain an updated list of all aircraft and equipment manuals in the technical library
• Process Publication Change Requests
• Perform other qualified duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Current FAA Designated Engineering Representative (FAA-DER) – General Structures 14 CFR Parts 23, 25, & 27; or meet the minimum requirements below, and able to obtain designation within 24 months
• 8 years of progressively responsible engineering experience for which an engineering degree may be substituted for up to 4 years of maximum credit. An applicant who has not earned an engineering degree may substitute 40 credit hours of successfully completed course work in engineering or related curriculum for 1 year of experience, up to 4 years of maximum credit.
• Able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
• Willing to subject themselves to random drug tests.
• Valid State driver’s license
• Us Citizen Required
- Bachelors of Science and Engineering preferred.
- The ability to communicate effectively and deal diplomatically with customers, dealers and employees is a high requirement.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions regarding service and customer support
- Advanced knowledge of aircraft structures, electrical, electronic, mechanical and associated systems of aircraft as applied to maintenance and modifications.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Ability to understand technical language terms and writing skills.
- Excellent written communication skills