Strategic Sales Manager - ENT (R450572)
Builds and maintains effective long-term relationships and a high level of satisfaction with key senior-level decision makers and influencers. Identifies, develops and typically closes new sales opportunities. Creates demand for the organization’s products and services by raising their profile with customers. Achieves revenue targets by increasing revenue spend per account. May conduct regular status and strategy meetings with the customer’s senior management to understand their needs and link them to the organization’s product/service strategies.
This is a role that contributes and achieves results through others whom are not direct reports. The role requires comprehensive understanding of the concepts and principles in their discipline. The requirement for a broader knowledge implies the need to understand other concepts and principles in context in order to resolve issues that have an impact beyond the area.
*Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic sales responsibilities across assigned GPO(s), IDN(s) and Key Accounts across one or more Stryker business units
- Partner closely with the Area Directors, Regional Managers and the sales force to execute a coordinated strategy
- Serve as the primary contact for assigned accounts with members of national and corporate accounts teams
- Authority to negotiate directly with customers on behalf of the assigned business unit(s)
- Work with shared services and internal departments including marketing, sales operations and healthcare systems to develop and enhance national and regional sales strategies
- Provide training and materials to successfully implement, execute and enforce contracts across GPO(s), IDN(s) and Key Accounts
- Represent business unit(s) and sales on strategy for national and local programs and agreements
- Identify/assess business opportunities and drive program and account performance
- Identify, develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships; ensure key contacts are maintained throughout the sales process and post-sale activities
- Work closely with cross-divisional branches to drive collaboration and improve return on investment for Stryker
- Gather market data and provide industry analysis as necessary
- Continuously assess relevant markets to identify business opportunities, as well as appropriate products and services
- Provide timeline, informative data that enables leadership to make effective pricing and programming decisions
- Develop and implement summary and exception reports to validate program performance; present results of programs to business unit leadership
- Partner with marketing to identify and develop custom solutions for key accounts and ensure alignment and synchronicity in execution the marketing strategy
- Identify opportunities to maximize business through effective national and corporate contract strategies
- Collaborate with sales training and participate in sales/marketing trainings of others
Education & Special Trainings
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years sales experience required, medical-related fields preferred
- 8+ years of work experience preferred
- Must be able to routinely negotiate price and terms of transactions between Stryker and its customers
- Must be able to readily solve customer complaints
- Must have fundamental command of all products and be able to disseminate this knowledge to the customer
- Must be able to analyze territory market potential prioritize call patterns accordingly
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Coordination of eye, hand and foot movement with an ability to grasp by hand and meet cognitive demands to include visual and auditory discrimination / memory, reading ability and memory retention ability.
- Exercise discretion and independence when applying professional expertise.
- Must be able to manage time, projects, stress and conflict.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication.
- Must be able to bring tasks through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to prioritize work and keep detailed and confidential records.
- Must be able to communicate / present to large groups of people.
- Must possess unwavering ethics & integrity in a competitive and demanding work environment