Doblin, a Deloitte business, is seeking innovation leaders to join our New York and Chicago studios. We are looking for exceptional individuals who can confidently shape the future of human-centered innovation, both as a discipline and as programs delivered with clients across industries to drive the growth of our business.
As an Applied Design Senior Manager, you will be an inspirational leader for multiple project teams and build deep, ongoing relationships with clients to elevate their ambition and impact. You will also act as a voice and thought leader for innovation and design within Deloitte. Specifically, you will join our Workforce Experience by Design team and work across offerings to develop and execute new go-to-market approaches to solve our clients' workforce experience challenges .
YOUR ROLE IN OUR TEAM
For well over 30 years, Doblin has been a pioneer in the discipline of innovation. Guiding clients through moments of often turbulent change to spur growth is our hallmark.
Our Senior Managers are vital to our success in accomplishing this - and wear many hats to do so. They bring a powerful perspective on design and its impact on technology and business, allowing them to serve as trusted advisors to our clients and connect the dots across our business, integrating human-centered innovation across the Deloitte network.
YOUR WORK AS A DOBLIN SENIOR MANAGER
• Own the client and team experience for 2-3 projects at a time, providing directional oversight for the work and taking accountability for delivery to our highest standards and client expectations
• Develop strategic relationships with client executives up to the C-suite and bring a seasoned outside perspective on new growth and innovation opportunities
• Uncover and frame new opportunities , then oversee proposals and pitches that lead to compelling opportunities for our teams and groundbreaking impact for our clients
• Develop links with Human Capital and other offerings, across the Deloitte network to bolster our offerings with new, integrated capabilities that amplify the impact of human-centered innovation in workforce experience
• Be known as a thought leader around human-centered innovation and human-centered solution and its intersections with other industry, technology, and social trends
• Champion and advocate for the role of design and workforce strategies, and cultivate a healthy and thriving design practice and culture in our Workforce Experience by Design community
• Serve as a mentor and career/performance coach for our people at multiple levels and take ownership for advancing our unique Doblin practice
• Work with other leaders to develop market-shaping eminence , and conceive and lead initiatives to develop new offerings and go-to-market opportunities
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
Innovation Program leadership
• Leadership and advocacy of a design-led innovation process, demonstrated through published eminence or speaking/teaching engagements
• Experience in leadership development, culture, DEI, purpose, well-being and other key areas that inform workforce experience
• Passion for workforce experience as demonstrated by published eminence, speaking or teaching engagements and/or previous work experience
• Captivating storytelling skills, both written and verbal, that you deploy in a variety of contexts to bring our work to life and shift the perspectives of our teams and your clients
• Thoughtful approaches to defining and managing project scope and building teams to deliver it
• A strong sense of accountability for the quality of your teams' work, and the ability to coach them to deliver to our high standards
• Empathetic leadership skills that are reflected in how you direct teams and work with colleagues
• Rigorous management of program financials to deliver work profitably and on-time
Client leadership and business development
• Experience in serving as a trusted and empathetic advisor to client executives and bringing them a seasoned perspective on innovation and new ways to grow
• Deep industry expertise and networks that you use to develop and share compelling new perspectives
• Strong commercial acumen that you use to identify, pursue, and win opportunities that allow us to bring the best of Doblin and Deloitte to serve our clients
• Proven capacity to develop and refine new offerings and IP - especially those that advance the design discipline into new areas - and take them to market
• Passion for providing mentorship and guidance to team members across disciplines, on projects and as part of formal performance management
• Experience in supporting a practice as a business, including developing and executing against growth plans and other targets
Required qualifications and expectations
• 9+ years' experience at a design strategy consultancy or other professional services environment in an innovation/design/digital role with exposure to workforce experience design
• 4+ years' experience as a client-facing advisor, preferred in a program leadership or account director capacity
• Willingness to be based in New York, Chicago, or Seattle
• Ability to travel 30-50% but sensitive to individual needs and the environment. (While travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
• A Master's degree in a relevant field, preferred design, research, HCI, organizational psychology.