Senior Writer/Journalist - Manager Level (42316)
- Drafting informative, compelling, and balanced stories to meet executives' information needs on a broad range of issues, including finance, strategy, operations, technology, board and regulatory matters.
- Interviewing Deloitte senior leaders, translating their insights and perspectives into informative articles.
- Researching, conducting and drafting interviews of C-suite and other senior executives.
- Leveraging existing Deloitte thoughtware to develop content tailored to the C-suite.
- Covering conferences for content development.
- Supporting Deloitte Editors in identifying topics to cover.
- Helping to expand traffic to publication site through social media.
Qualifications and requirements include the following:
- Fifteen or more years' experience writing on complex business topics for a news or publishing organization.
- A strong working knowledge of current and emerging business trends in the US and abroad that impact C-suite executives and boards.
- Significant experience interviewing C-suite-level executives and board directors.
- Experience writing about finance-specific issues, including controllership, accounting, treasury, working capital management, and IT.
- In-depth knowledge of English, spelling, grammar and punctuation; and of legal and ethical aspects of journalism, including their application to digital publishing.
- Ability to work under tight (and daily) deadlines and flexibility to changing requirements.
- Ability to work as part of a team, with a can-do attitude.
- Well-developed time, resource, and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications and working knowledge of AP Manual of Style.
- Experience with digital publishing tools, e.g., WordPress, and A/V technologies, e.g., webcasts, videos, podcasts, infographics, etc.
- Experience in using social media to increase readership and amplify content across different channels.
- Willingness to adhere to Deloitte standards for quality and brand.
- Flexibility, adaptability, responsiveness, attention to detail, resourcefulness.
- A commitment to excellence, professionalism, and timely communication.
- Minimum of Bachelors' degree in Journalism, Communications, Writing, English, or related area.
- Travel of up to 10% (While up to 10% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Preferred locations: Washington, DC, Boston, Chicago, New York area, but location is flexible.