P&C Actuary Manager
Deloitte Consulting's Human Capital practice is a leading global advisor and implementation partner working with companies, governments, and organizations around the world. Our goal is to improve our clients' organizational results and impact by focusing on challenges at the intersection of business and people.
Work you'll do
As a Deloitte Consulting P&C Actuary Manager in the Insurance practice of Deloitte's Human Capital group, you will provide technical and analytical support in a consulting environment.
The job functions include the following:
• Client project engagements involving reserve analyses, including Statements of Actuarial Opinion, pricing, mergers and acquisitions, financial modeling, economic capital modeling, enterprise risk management, new product development, strategic planning, pricing strategy development, target market assessments, competitive assessments of coverage and rating, development of rating models and factors for new product development and product enhancements, profitability analysis and audit support.
• Will also be involved in market and technical research, data resource and tool development, recruiting, training, and strategic planning.
• May lead medium to large sized teams
Actuarial & Insurance Solutions
Deloitte's Actuarial & Insurance Solutions practice works with finance, actuarial, and risk functions to help life insurance companies, property & casualty insurance companies, health plans, and healthcare providers modernize their operations and manage actuarial costs and risks. This involves helping our clients move from where they are today to where they need to be in the future. To enable our success, we use data and insights to inform better ways of managing risk.
With over 250 credentialed actuaries in the U.S., our A&IS practice is one of the largest in the world. We are recognized as a leader in providing comprehensive, high-quality actuarial consulting, advanced analytics, and risk management services to our clients.
• Bachelor's degree
• 6+ years of P&C Actuary experience
• Successfully passed 5 actuarial exams
• Limited sponsorship
• Travel up to 50%. (While up to 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Experience working in an insurance company or consulting environment
• Experience leading medium to large sized teams
• Proficiency using computer software such as Excel, Word, Access, and VBA
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication, and client management skills
• Enthusiasm for serving clients and helping to further develop our consulting practice
• Strong business ethics, ability to maintain independence and objectivity in client dealings
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Detailed exposure demonstrating competency with strong organizational skills and areas of:
o Statutory/GAAP reporting, regulation, and compliance, Actuarial Standards of Practice
o SAP, FASB, GASB and related accounting principles
o Standard and advanced reserving methods
o Pricing and cost allocation methods
o Insurance/reinsurance company operations
o Product development
o Data sources/modeling
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.