Sourcing Contract Manager - Software and Resale ( 571262-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be leading the sourcing process for commercial resale, where we spend more than five hundred million dollars per year. While guiding your internal clients through the acquisition process, you’ll be identifying potential suppliers, drafting requirements, analyzing qualifications, negotiating deals, and monitoring supplier performance. Our purchasing power combined with your skills and expertise will help us maintain our market-leading position. Come play an important role in driving continuous cost savings and revenue generation.
- Performing market analyses to find potential suppliers.
- Guiding internal business partners through the supplier selection process.
- Working cross-functionally to document requirements, create RFPs, and conduct negotiations.
- Managing the sourcing process, ensuring that it complies with our policies.
- Validating that suppliers are upholding contract terms and conditions.
What we’re looking for...
You understand commercial technology solutions and software development processes and you’re well versed in software sales lingo. Because you are a master relationship builder, external suppliers see you as an invaluable partner and internal clients see you as a trusted advisor. You have no problem juggling multiple simultaneous projects and you’re no stranger to tight timelines. Balancing the intersection of cost, efficiency, and quality, you expertly negotiate the best outcomes for all parties.
You’ll need to have:
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Sourcing experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in supply chain, engineering, or construction management. Ideally, an MBA.
- Program management, budget management, request-for-proposal, and vendor selection experience.
- Experience with software sales and/or technology implementations.
- Supply chain certification, such as Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) from the Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM).
- Project management certification, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute.
- Lean Six Sigma certification.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.