Manager, Tax Controversy (43128)
- Prepare federal interest and/or complex, multi-year federal tax computations for varying purposes including financial statement reporting, tax planning, Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") and litigation settlement, interest reviews, and IRS refund claims.
- Assist clients and Deloitte engagement teams with federal interest computations, federal tax computations, and IRS account related matters.
- Prepare written correspondence to the IRS and Deloitte engagement teams regarding federal interest computations, federal tax computations, and IRS account related matters.
- Communicate with the IRS on behalf of clients to resolve federal interest computations, federal tax computations, and/or IRS account related matters.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Federal Tax Controversy team provides dispute resolution services to clients with respect to all types of tax issues, including, for example, those involving transfer pricing, the section 41 research credit, and the section 48 investment tax credit. Our Federal Tax Controversy specialists serve clients ranging from Fortune 100 C-corporations to sophisticated private equity funds and individuals. Our team is committed to leveraging our research and advocacy expertise to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
- 5+ years of federal interest computation and/or complex, multi-year federal tax computation experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or in the process of obtaining)
- Knowledge of TaxInterest Netting software or other comparable interest software
- Knowledge of Bloomberg Tax & Accounting Corporate Tax Analyzer software
- IRS, Treasury, Big 4 / large / boutique accounting firm, law firm, or relevant industry experience.
- A federal interest or multi-year federal tax computation subject matter expert
- Proven ability to grow and manage a book of business
- Ability to balance multiple assignments and other responsibilities while meeting prescribed deadlines.
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Occasional travel (While occasional travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center .