Manager Budgets (FP&A) (777996500)
Job Location: Fort Worth
Other Potential Locations: Fort Worth, TX
Anticipated Start Date: 09/27/2021
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: $64,600 - $97,300
This position is located at our Fort Worth, Texas corporate office and has the potential to be a hybrid position with up to 50% remote work.#LI
Who we are and what we do
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety, service, and who take pride in delivering the nation’s freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. The BNSF rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
What we believe
At BNSF, our Vision and Values drive who we are, not only in our words, but also our actions. BNSF is committed to our foundational values of equality and inclusion. As members of the BNSF community, our employees are entitled to:
- be treated with dignity and respect.
- have equal access to tools, resources, training and development opportunities.
- have equal opportunity to achieve their full potential.
We model the way through our leadership, our BNSF Diversity Councils, our diverse Business Resource Groups, our deep involvement and investment in the communities we serve, and through diversity and inclusion training programs. It’s through our actions that we create an inclusive, open and collaborative workplace that truly encourages diverse perspectives in all interactions.-BNSF
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position will act as a key liaison have budgeting, forecasting and planning responsibility for various departments and budget areas across the BNSF network, with a strong focus on Business Partnering and creating value for each area served. Responsibilities include:
·Development of processes, models, and reports to accurately monitor and forecast expenses for assigned areas
·Performing analysis support, reporting, and other projects relative to informational needs of business partners utilizing various tools
·Facilitating/participating in weekly and monthly budget reviews and forecasts
·Assisting in the development of performance measures, strategic initiatives and annual plans
·Identifying expense control ideas and influence team, business partners and other leaders through building solid business cases for the concept
·Analyzing complex data to understand operational trends and the corresponding financial impact and make appropriate recommendations to team leaders and business partners to drive to the lowest cost possible
·Assist in the monthly Accounting close cycle
Successful candidate must be a self-starter with strong communication skills, have the ability to meet deadline-oriented tasks and demonstrate the ability to organize team efforts to accomplish common goals. This position needs to positively contribute to a high-morale/high-performance culture.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or Business related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
· Minimum of three years of experience in finance/ accounting or comparable industry experience
· Strong communication skills and ability to challenge/influence business partners with expense leverage concepts
· Ability to coordinate tasks and make decisions independently
· Ability to adjust readily to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Railroad experience
- Working knowledge of financial statements and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- At least one year of work experience in budgets and/or forecasting, or comparable industry experience
- Advanced Excel skills and/or SQL
BNSF offers competitive benefit programs and services including, but not limited to
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Plan
- Railroad Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Incentive Compensation Plan (ICP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
- Medical evaluation
- Drug Screen
- Other elements as needed
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Finance | Fort Worth, TX | 76131