Manager, Logistics Process (R453961)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy supply chain at Stryker?
As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will make a daily impact on the lives of others. Apply today and you will get a chance to work with high-functioning, driven people who all have the same mission of making healthcare better. Plus, we have an award-winning culture and were recently named the #5 World's Best Workplace by Fortune!
Who we want:
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations
- Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members.
- Network builders. Managers who build connections with other teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional collaboration.
- Goal-oriented orchestrators. People who can effectively coordinate and focus the work of skilled employees toward an important goal, prioritizing to the right activities that lead to success.
What you will do
- Manage and coordinate logistics, transportation, distribution and sterilization service activities. Direct strategic planning for logistics and mentioned services. Understand security, hazardous material and international regulations in order to ensure compliance and avoid any operational disruption.
- Continuously fully comply with all Quality System regulatory requirements as established by FDA, ISO, or any other applicable regulatory body.
- Continuously comply with all regulatory related requirements including the import and export of all products.
- Lead all transportation operations. Lead transit time reduction for international supplier shipments.
- Keeps informed of all new developments relative to logistics and makes recommendations designed to reduce costs and improve systems.
- Monitor and control freight expenses. Maximize freight loads once ensure efficient use of transportation resources while meeting the needs of the customers.
- Lead cross functional group to consistent freight reduction.
- Lead communications with sterilizers and carriers.
- Ensure Sterilizer lead time attainment.
- Direct (directly or indirectly) warehouse team activities to support the material handling to the production areas.
- Direct (directly or indirectly) shipping and distribution team activities to the sterilizer.
- Might supervisor or support inventory control activities.
- Ensure Company is in compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including hazardous materials. Resolve any legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution.
- May develops implements and maintain guidelines, procedures and material control systems.
What you will need:
- 5+ years of Materials and/or Operational management experience
- +7 years of experience in Supply Chain roles
- Bachelor Degree: B.B.A. or B.S. in business or related curriculum
- APICS certification – Preferred
- Fluent English is required
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion.
- Demonstrated effective managerial skills
- Demonstrate financial acumen.
- Able to make effective presentations to diverse groups.
- Ability to lead teams through process improvements.
- Ability to adapt, work through conflicts and persuasively influence outcomes.
- Proven negotiation skills
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/