Manager, Strategy and Planning ( 574804-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Manager, Strategy and Planning, will design and implement the strategic vision for integrated marketing campaigns. They will lead the integrated team to not only create work that drives both the brand and the business, but also strategically evaluate work from our partner agencies. They will be responsible for generating comprehensive data-driven communication plans that inform all channels for Verizon Consumer Group. They will acquire and share deep knowledge of the industry, including the competitive landscape, category disruptors and key business issues that affect Verizon. They will train and mentor junior strategists and produce work that drives high-level decisions and recommendations. Additionally, and perhaps most importantly, our ideal candidate has a collaborative, friendly personality and is able to build strong relationships with both internal and external agency teams.
- Sets the strategic direction for creative campaigns and drives alignment with overall business strategy.
- Develops integrated strategies using data analysis and creativity.
- Seeks opportunities to stay up to date on technology, tools, and social media.
- Establishes self as thought leader around integrated marketing.
- Provides insight into testing methodologies and informs forecasting and optimization requirements for ensuring full impact.
- Forms strong working bond with internal clients to become their trusted strategic partner.
- Manages junior strategists which encompasses delegating tasks, teaching, and mentoring.
- Collaborates with IAT (integrated agency team) members across disciplines
- Works with data, analytics, and media teams, to identify and illuminate the data’s narrative and frame the implications for communication.
- Facilitates team brainstorms to stimulate unexpected ideas and initiatives.
- Works with CMI on approach to uncovering the answers to the challenges.
- Works with Directors and proactively on projects that build strategy reputation.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in agency and/or client-side media strategy, creative strategy, brand planning roles.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Creative Brief and Strategic Framework Development.
- Client-side experience.
- Previous roles can be: Senior Planner, Planning Director, Digital Strategist, Consumer Engagement, Communications Planner, Media Strategist, Media Director.
- Ability to craft strategic POVs and deliver them clearly and concisely.
- Shows confidence in front of an audience; ability to be the ‘center of the room’.
- Ability to accomplish work independently with minimal guidance.
- Experience managing complex 360 & digital campaigns, including working closely with creative teams to tailor campaign messaging to specific media channels.
- Platform proficiency, competent in ad platforms including but not limited to paid social, programmatic display, search, remarketing.
- Ability to articulate his/her vision in the ever-changing media landscape.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to navigate difficult issues.
- Experience in team oversight and talent development.
- Ability to organize and work with complex information and data.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility, patience, empathy and a sense of humor.
- Ability to formulate smart POVs on industry related topics and socialize them.
- Experience building learning plans for both quantitative and qualitative research initiatives.
- Working knowledge of common planning tools (e.g., Mintel, Iconoculture, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of KPI measurement and attribution.
- Manages daily priorities and proactively identifies future opportunities for the brand/business.
- Demonstrated curiosity for trends watching.
- Sound business and professional ethics.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.