Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Senior Manager - Systems Engineering (AWS) (44672)
Do you want to be at the forefront of Deloitte's emerging cloud practice? We're looking for exceptional problem-solvers to help address our clients' most compelling Cloud needs. You will work along-side top engineers and technical thought leaders building Cloud solutions helping shape the future of global enterprises. You will be at the heart of the technical solutioning and leading-edge product development.
Work you'll do
This is a senior position providing enterprise architecture support for a major client that is undergoing a significant transformation process. Experience with cloud, governance, and enterprise system development processes are the main focus areas.
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Bachelor's degree
- Top Secret Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one
- 6+ years' experience with designing and migrating applications to the cloud
- 6+ years' experience with AWS
- The ability to blueprint, design and deploy scalable, HA, and fault tolerant systems on AWS and Azure and make commercially available PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS recommendations where appropriate.
- Experience Scripting (PowerShell/Shell/Python)
- Experience with monitoring and analytical tools (Splunk, New Relic, SolarWinds)
- Experience with automation and provisioning tools (Chef/Puppet/Terraform)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Possessing a range of technical certifications, such as: (a) higher level network-related certifications (e.g., CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, JNCIE, etc.); (b) higher level platform-related certifications (e.g., MCSA, MCSE, MCSD, MCP, RHCE, RHDS, RHCA, LPIC-2, LPIC-3, VCP, VCAP, SNIA, etc.); or (c) higher level systems-related certifications (e.g., ESEP, CSEP, AWS)
- AWS Certified Solution Architect is a plus
- MCSE Cloud and Infrastructure is a plus