Senior AI & Data Platform Engineering Manager ( 574404-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Artificial and Intelligence (AI&D) organization focuses on delivering the power of data and AI to drive our marketplace leadership through innovative solutions that create value for our customers, shareholders, V teamers and society, responsibly.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, AI and Data Platform to join our growing team.
- Work with the Data team to identify and qualify Google Cloud Platform (GCP) opportunities.
- Lead cloud solutioning and scoping to generate estimates and approaches for proposals.
- Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, "as is" and "to be" scenarios.
- Assess the full technology stack of services required including PaaS (Platform as-a-service), IaaS (Infrastructure as-a-service), SaaS (software as-a-service), operations, management and automation.
- Lead the discussions and early analysis of the cloud concepts as it relates to Verizon's Journey to -Cloud methodology so that clear use cases are developed and prioritized as well as transitioning these concepts from ideas to proof-of-concepts with the full support of the appropriate teams.
- Compare solution alternatives across both technical and business parameters which support the define cost and service requirements.
- Interact with network users, business and IT teams, empathize with their pain points, analyze their Platform needs and drive end to end solutioning of data driven solutions.
- Work closely with end users, data engineering teams, solution architects, Cloud teams to design best in class solutions and drive joint priorities.
- Establish contemporary, best in class cloud management practices in line with the architectural Northstar defined by the organization.
- Mentoring junior team members on technical and functional skills.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant experience
- Experience in Datalake/data-warehousing technologies.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and primary AI/ML platform with tools such as BigQuery, Data Proc.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Knowledge ofHadoop (Cloudera), Informatica, Nifi, Kafka, Spark, SQL.
- Experience in data security and governance - Track record of leading complex, large scale network data projects and data products.
- Strong leadership skills for driving and collaborating cross functional groups.
- Obsessed with customer success and inspire team to go above and beyond.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and define the path forward.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.