Medical Logistics Functional Manager (32259)
The Medical Logistics Functional Manager is responsible for the effective management of all medical War Reserve Material (WRM) functions program-wide. Reports on all actions affecting medical WRM Program operations. Coordinates with Air Force Medical Logistics Office (AFMLO) and USAFCENT, ensures adherence to policies and procedures, and provides management direction to the Site Superintendents. Coordinates and monitors biomedical equipment activities. Responsible for the development, implementation and standardization of integrated Medical Material policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Provides direction and guidance to the Medical Material staff at Thumrait and UAE on the management and operations on their respective sites.
- Develops effective and efficient medical logistics policies and procedures, and ensures compliance with Department of Defence (DOD) and United States Air Force (USAF) directives and the provisions of the Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Ensures all WRM and excess material are accurately accounted, and adequately stored, secured and safeguarded.
- Provides direction and guidance on the maintenance and operation of the Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) system.
- Oversees the reporting, requisitioning and redistribution of USAF medical excess under the Medical Material Excess Management Program.
- Develops work standards for subordinates. Implements the precepts of quality assurance within the guidelines set forth in the ISO 9001 program. Ensures the completion of all work consistent with the quality standard, and provides performance feedback to employees.
- Periodically visits all sites to provide assistance and ensure inventories/reconstitution efforts are being adequately accomplished in accordance within prescribed directives.
- Analyzes the overall posture fo the Stock Record Account using Medical Dental Stock Fund Reports and internal management reports.
- Develops and submits WRM shortfall requirements for funding by USAF.
- Manages requisitioning of WRM shortfalls for all sites upon receipt of funding.
- Determines manpower levels as work requirements change and reassigns personnel accordingly to gain maximum mission effectiveness.
- Perform random spot checks on material to ensure warehouse personnel appropriately conduct quality assurance inspections.
- Oversees Bio-Medical Maintenance Technicians (BMET), verifies monthly maintenance goals are achieved, TMDE program is managed properly and DMLSS data entry is accomplished IAW with governing regulations.
- Conducts routine warehouse inspections to ensure compliance with applicable storage and distribution directives.
- Establishes and conducts an effective on-the-job and safety training program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office environment.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) system.
- Knowledge of mathematics, supply regulations, medical supply procedures, warehousing, material handling techniques, safety procedures & methods of required.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a minimum of ten years USAF or US service equivalent Medical Material Supply experience.
- Must have performed duty in all Medical Material functional areas & have had previous experience as a Medical Material Superintendent.
- Light to moderate lifting as required carried out in an office environment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) or equivalent Logistics Management Associates degree desired.