Monitor Deloitte's Strategy practice brings together several key capabilities to architect integrated programs that transform our clients' businesses, including Strategic Growth Transformation, Transformation Strategy & Design, Technology Strategy & Business Transformation, and AI & Data Strategy.
Strategy professionals will serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear data-driven choices about where to play and how to win - ultimately driving growth and enterprise value.
Within Monitor Deloitte, the Strategic Growth Transformation market offering helps clients architect enterprise-wide and business-unit level strategies and transformation programs to drive growth and value creation through levers such as competitive strategy formation, purpose strategy (including but not limited to Environmental and Societal considerations), innovation, portfolio optimization, differentiation, and business model transformation. Monitor Deloitte's scope of expertise around Strategic Growth Transformation encompasses the entire strategy lifecycle: helping clients articulate and assess the robustness of their current strategy, developing bold alternatives to the status quo, selecting and driving client team alignment around a new strategy, translating a strategy into execution programs, and supporting clients in the execution and monitoring of the impact of their strategy. We help architect transformation programs that result in growth, not just growth strategy.
Work you'll do
Manager level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities. You will have the opportunity to lead small engagements or components of large, complex engagements. Strategic Growth projects typically focus on identifying and building new sources of competitive advantage, increasing revenues, improving margin, and optimizing operations in service of driving growth. Our engagements frequently leverage our leading-edge scenario planning and futures thinking toolkit to help clients think through the long-term evolution of their industry and the implications for their business.
The Monitor Deloitte team's job is to architect programs that transform our clients' businesses. We advise the world's leading companies in navigating change and architecting the future. To do this, we have assembled a practice of leading business and technology strategy experts that each contribute unique capabilities and insights - including Strategic Growth Transformation, Transformation Strategy & Design, Technology Strategy & Business Transformation, and AI & Data Strategy .
Our professionals serve as trusted advisors to our clients, working with them to make clear, data-driven choices about where to play and how to win in order to drive growth and unlock enterprise value. These strategic choices help inform the development of the appropriate business models, operating models, and capabilities to support their strategic visions, as well as to maximize the ROI on technology investments and leverage technology and digital trends to architect future business strategies.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university with strong undergraduate academic record.
- 6+ years of professional experience, either functioning as a Manager in a Consulting environment or managing teams in an Operating environment. In either scenario, experience focused on Corporate & Business Unit Strategy, Strategic Planning, Growth Strategy, Commercial Strategy, and Business Transformation.
- Experience working with senior executives crafting and implementing strategies for growth and margin improvement at the corporate, business, or product level.
- Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and oral and written communication skills; outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Ability to work independently; influence others and lead teams focused on specific work streams of large projects.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Strategic storytellers, critical thinkers, tech-savvy innovators, entrepreneurs, and purpose-driven leaders who thrive in ambiguity and team environments
- Ability to define trends across industries and articulate their impact to clients' business and strategic choices
- Knowledge of or experience in broader G&A functions (i.e., HR, IT, Finance, Procurement, Commercial Operations)
- Basic understanding of the core digital technologies that underpin world class customer experiences (e.g., CRM, E-Commerce, Content Management)
- Ability to drive the sales cycle by taking the lead in framing out client opportunities and lead the pursuit team to create the proposal content for client discussions
- Experience creating strategy program road maps and detailed financial business cases for change
- Experience and comfort in using analytical methods to create project analyses and recommendation support
- Experience with Scenario Planning
- Willingness to mentor junior staff
- Advanced degree in business (e.g., MBA) from a top tier program
- Live within a commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices