Network Security Project Manager ( 575989-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Customer Router Security team is responsible, among other things, for the design, development, and support of the company’s DDoS mitigation platform: DDoS Shield. The team is seeking a Network Security Project Manager to lead the DDoS Shield development process in an Agile fashion. This position will lead stand-up calls, planning/grooming sessions, demos, retrospectives, as well as work with the Product Marketing Team in resolving customer issues. The ideal candidate will also have solid knowledge of networking infrastructure in which to lead engineering discussions or troubleshoot issues. This position will project manage key security initiatives that impact network assets and applications that are managed and supported by the Network Operations teams.
- Scoping Network Security projects, project planning, execution, and implementation for complex projects involving multiple security teams or platforms, and cross organizational functions.
- Your primary focus will be the DDoS Shield multi-million dollar product initiative. You will be responsible for overseeing Product stories through Engineering design, implementation, and Operational support.
- You will work closely with and be integrated into the Engineering network security team.
- Develop project plans and schedules.
- Project reporting as well as regular status reporting on the progress of initiatives.
- Effectively liaison between multiple departments and all functions related to the project to plan, prioritize, and manage workload and timelines.
- Work closely with security support teams and Operations to ensure projects are being implemented in a way that supports business processes.
- Coach Operations on key security initiatives and processes
- Provide motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and effectively reconcile conflicts where needed.
- Manage communications between the project team and key stakeholders.
- Escalate risks, issues, changes and decisions to management and business counterparts throughout project life cycles.
- Work closely with our Portal vendor to ensure key milestones are met.
This is a work from home role with occasional in-person meetings and training.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Agile project management.
Even better if you have:
- Certifications: Project Management Certification (PMP), Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), CISSP or other security certifications.
- Experience in Network, Information Technology, and/or Security within telecommunications with work history over the last three or more years in a product development or developer role.
- Experience as Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Agile Project/Program Manager with a proven track record to drive solutions to completion and maintain schedules.
- Demonstrated practice of Agile Mindset.
- Working knowledge of JIRA.
- Ability to work in an adaptive and agile environment.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- Knowledge of network threats such as DDoS.
- Excellent documentation and organization skills.
- High organizational skills with the ability to take direction, prioritize, and manage multiple activities / tasks to achieve objectives.
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Capability to present and communicate to both superiors and peers. Job will require clear and concise written and verbal briefings on potentially complex security-related and technical projects.
- Experience building, updating, and maintaining technical documentation.
- Ability to translate large complex requirements to understandable deliverables.
- Ability to learn a technology and leverage that knowledge to understand implications or potential pitfalls of a project.
- Ability to communicate security concepts and technical details in easily understood language.
- System, network, and application security knowledge and experience.
- Ability to be a creative and resourceful problem solver.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.