Lead Product Manager - Experience ( 575561-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Visible is looking for a product manager professional to help define, build, and manage digital first product solutions leveraging the latest technologies. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the U.S. Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies in the world, Visible offers unlimited messages, minutes, and data, on Verizon’s Network. Visible is designed to fundamentally change the way millions of consumers sign up for and manage their phone service.
This is a full time position, and although headquartered in Denver, we have a permanent Work from Home Structure, and our team members work remotely. A day in the life of a Product Manager at Visible starts with assessing value opportunities for your product area and team. On the days where those value opportunities are clearly defined you are collaborating with Product Design/UX/UI and engineering to ensure that the core value proposition you are seeking is reflected in the product output. On the days where Design and Engineering are well aligned on the problems to be solved, you are meeting with cross-functional internal stakeholders to get a thorough understanding of how changes to your product impact their operations, collecting data, and get ideas for making your product better. In short, you will be responsible for devising and executing a winning plan which helps ensure successful delivery of customer solutions short-term and long-term.
- Drive MANAGE, be a critical part of driving the Visible organization owning the MANAGE customer journey, feature development and prioritization of the product roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, metrics, data, and demand generation for impactful new products.
- Work across the product team, engineering teams, business development, strategy, and marketing to help establish strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market.
- Partner with the leaders of the organization to ensure the experience, model, scalability and reliability promises, and cost efficiency delight our customers.
- Influence a particular outcome with interactions, presentations and strategic documentation with cross-functional stakeholders, senior level executives, Verizon, and external partnerships.
- Align the customer journey across other senior leaders of buy, activate and manage.
- Direct supervision, hiring, development, coaching and people management of product managers and scope of work across the experience.
- Apply your knowledge of the market, the product, the competition, and most importantly research and data from customers to build and iterate on product strategy.
- Drive product development across cross-functional teams and stakeholders (primarily Engineering, UX/Design, Operations, Strategy, Business Development, and Marketing) by developing a Product Strategy and execution plan.
- Evaluate industry innovations/trends and technology platforms and identify product partnership and collaboration opportunities to accelerate and/or address gaps in the product portfolio.
- Act digital first regarding product, customer, and full life cycle experience with the goal of improving the customer experience, time to activation, and competitive offerings from beginning to end.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of how mobile apps, websites, eComm, digital first and emerging technologies are used as a means to buy products and experience services.
- Expert working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies and Google Suite Tools, Asana, Jira, Atlassian, Slack, and Figma tools.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- Ability to interpret API documentation and collaborate on design and engineering.
- Experience leading diverse and technical teams.
- Experience assessing landscape of solution alternatives to determine scalability, security, performance, alignment to brand, alignment to strategy, alignment to target market.
- Ability to develop proofs of concept using prototyping and design tools to articulate, quantify and validate opportunities.
- Ability to communicate to executive stakeholders and communicate ideas and concepts in layman's terms.
- Experience managing and synthesizing strategic data, research, customer insight application, testing, and A/B testing.
- Product management interpersonal skills including but not limited to excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills, keen attention to detail, multitasking, interpersonal skills, and working well under pressure.
- Technical background and ability to have collaborative, in-depth discussions with engineers & technology stakeholders during troubleshooting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.