GPS Engagement Financial Advisor Manager (Denver) (48324)
- Lead and oversee financial planning and forecasting activities. Project and track financial metrics such as revenue, cost and profitability at the account level.
- Manage and oversee the lifecycle of engagements including set up, revenue recognition and compliance, month end close activities, monitor funding, process vendor invoices, support procurement and billing/collection activities, and facilitate project closeout.
- Serve as business partner with account leadership, senior level internal and external clients and firm leadership to present various analyses, make recommendations and provide account level financial advice.
- Identify, address, and resolve any issues related to compliance, policies and procedures, federal regulations and guidelines, and contractual requirements
- Conduct quality reviews of and provide feedback on the technical work products of junior resources.
- Facilitate communication between engagement leadership and firm financial organization.
- Develop and implement standards and processes for engagement financial management, quality management, and risk management.
- Oversee additional financial analyses including reconciliations, variance analyses, and portfolio analysis.
- Integrate India practice into our service delivery.
- Participate in formal performance assessment activities for assigned staff.
- Support the growth and career development of junior resources through training, informal mentorship, and serving as a formal coach-responsible for sharing best practices and providing career advice.
- Work with practice leadership to resolve practitioner performance issues.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the overall GPS EFA Practice through leadership of a major workstream in one or more practice initiatives.
- Prepare and facilitate firm training sessions on a variety of topics and methodologies.
Our GPS EFA practice supports engagement teams in defining requirements we sign up to in our contracts. We help to define staffing and other forecast items in as much detail as possible using advanced financial, budgeting, and forecasting techniques. We provide realistic cost estimates that account for engagements' phases and activities, people, materials, hardware, and software and produce the best- and worst-case estimates using leading-edge project and client management software to keep clients' projects on track and on cost.
- A./B.S from a four year accredited university
- Minimum of 8 years experience in a finance/financial analysis role
- Minimum of 8 years experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Minimum of 1 year experience managing staff with responsibility for performance evaluations
- Experience producing and delivering appropriate communications to C-level Executives
- Experience supervising and/or managing resources
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports
- Demonstrated attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines
- Proven ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Proven "outside the box"-thinker who identifies problems and develops creative solutions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- All candidates must be willing and able to travel as needed for their clients, however, depending on staffing needs, most positions are in-office-based with limited travel required. While limited travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.
- Experience in working and collaborating with international and remote teams
- Experience with MS Access and MS Project applications
- Experience working with a variety of contracting types (e.g., time and materials, fixed price) and billing scenarios
- Experience developing project pricing models and performing scenario analysis
- Experience in a federal/state/public professional services environment; consulting experience is a plus
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and delivery model. We would not anticipate that the individual hired into this role would land at or near the top end of the range, but such a decision will be dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the range is $95,500 - $127,330.