PMO Project Manager ( 572113-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Visible & You
Named one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies and "Best Telecom Brand" in Adweek’s Challenger Brand Awards, Visible is on a mission to reimagine what wireless should be: simple, accessible, and inclusive. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the US, which means we provide exquisite service and focus on making everything about wireless easy. We have no stores, no call centers, and no paper bills, which allows us to pass our savings to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry - and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is a division of Verizon, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity, taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness - disruption, innovation, and culture - while leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. No single day feels the same at Visible. If you’re someone who’d thrive in this entrepreneurial environment and embraces the challenge of delivering the best experience to our members in the simplest ways (knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager. We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Alpharetta GA, Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
At Visible, the execution of key business initiatives on our company roadmap is crucial to the success of our teams. You will be the Go to market (GTM) lead for high visibility key features, flagship device and promotional launches. You will coordinate - 10 week cadence of readiness for all go to market activities leading up to launches. You will coordinate all activities and communications during launch as well as all post launch activities. You will ensure the teams are aligned and ready for launches and all details are communicated to core and extended teams. You will schedule and facilitate the command center for centralized communication during launches and report status out company wide, including executive audiences. You will track efforts for up to 60 days post launch to close any remaining items and report out on results. You will host retrospectives for launches and apply lessons learned. In addition, you will manage a GTM calendar and facilitate regular meetings with a cross functional team to review upcoming launches. You will leverage existing tools such as Asana and Confluence to centralize project information and be responsible for documenting and communicating status and changes to a cross-functional team. Close collaboration with key stakeholder groups such as Product Management, Care, Marketing and Engineering will be important to maintain visibility of the project. This is a high visibility role as you will be on point to review GTM plans at governance meetings with the ELT (Executive Leadership Team).
- Draw on knowledge of project management principles to plan and monitor projects to ensure the project stays on schedule and changes to dates are communicated.
- Document project scope, risks, dependencies and timelines using our internal tools. (Asana, G Suite, Jira/Confluence, etc.).
- Stakeholder management across business teams including: Marketing, Legal, Finance, Care, Product, UX design, Network and Engineering.
- Establish and leverage key internal relationships to create a strong working team.
- Create and maintain project documentation and status updates.
- Provide support to teams to drive action items and follow up on unanswered questions.
- Report and escalate issues with sensitivity to messaging to stakeholders and leadership as necessary.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Five or more years of experience in a dedicated project management role with degree or five or more years of comparable experience.
- Experience working in an e-commerce digital environment.
- Experience in cross- functional project management supporting fellow employees and leadership at an enterprise level.
- Experience with agile methods (SCRUM or SAFe) within a digital environment.
- Experience with: project planning software (gantt chart) such as Asana, G suite, JIRA/Confluence.
- In progress or willingness to work towards PMP certification or comparable formalized project management experience applying PMI or industry standards.
- Presented to large audiences including Senior Leadership.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.