Senior PMO Project Manager ( 572112-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Visible & You
Named one of Fast Company’s most innovative companies and "Best Telecom Brand" in Adweek’s Challenger Brand Awards, Visible is on a mission to reimagine what wireless should be: simple, accessible, and inclusive. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the US, which means we provide exquisite service and focus on making everything about wireless easy. We have no stores, no call centers, and no paper bills, which allows us to pass our savings to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry - and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is a division of Verizon, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity, taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness - disruption, innovation, and culture - while leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. No single day feels the same at Visible. If you’re someone who’d thrive in this entrepreneurial environment and embraces the challenge of delivering the best experience to our members in the simplest ways (knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager. We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Alpharetta GA, Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
At Visible, the execution of key business initiatives on our company roadmap is crucial to the success of our teams. You will be the PMO project leader to ensure key initiatives are clearly defined, documented, and communicated across business units. You will support projects to completion removing any impediments to success. You will be responsible for balancing conflicting interests and constraints of scope, time and budget while delivering quality. You will leverage existing tools such as Asana and Confluence to centralize project information and be responsible for documenting and communicating status and changes to a cross-functional team as it is defined in an iterative manner. Close collaboration with key stakeholder groups such as Product Management, Care, Marketing and Engineering will be important to maintain visibility of the project risks and mitigations to inform decision making. Supporting and ensuring processes are followed to provide structure to the business is an area the business will depend on you for. This is a high visibility role as you will be on point to run command center operations during key launches as well as present at weekly governance meetings with the ELT (Executive Leadership Team) where you will report out status and facilitate further discussion.
- Draw on knowledge of project management principles to plan and monitor projects to ensure the project stays on schedule and changes to dates are communicated.
- Document project scope, risks, dependencies and timelines using our internal tools. (Asana, G Suite, Jira/Confluence, etc.).
- Stakeholder management across business teams including: Marketing, Legal, Finance, Care, Product Management, UX design, Network and Engineering.
- Establish and leverage key internal relationships to create a strong working team.
- Create and maintain project documentation and status updates.
- Provide support to teams to drive action items and follow up on unanswered questions regarding project scope and dependencies
- Report and escalate issues with sensitivity to messaging to stakeholders and leadership as necessary.
What we’re looking for...
Communicate clearly and keep stakeholders informed. You maintain a strong pulse on what is transpiring keeping teams informed while looking ahead to set expectations for upcoming work. You keep an eye out for areas of improvement and facilitate problem solving to drive efficiency. Although you are focused on execution, you maintain a view on the bigger picture and think through ways to make improvements. You are on top of details, keeping multiple project plans and reporting accurate and up to date. Teamwork is the heartbeat of all you do. You are great at connecting with others, understanding multiple perspectives and work well with others to accomplish project goals. You understand and accept that even with a detailed plan, change is inevitable and are quick to adapt to changes in direction, priority or plans.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience in: Marketing/Ecommerce, Business Administration and/or Information Technology.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Five or more years of experience in a dedicated project management role with degree or five or more years of comparable experience.
- Experience working in an e-commerce digital environment.
- Experience in cross- functional project management supporting fellow employees and leadership at an enterprise level.
- Experience with agile methods (SCRUM or SAFe) within a digital environment.
- Experience with: project planning software (gantt chart) such as Asana, G suite, JIRA/Confluence.
- In progress or willingness to work towards PMP certification or comparable formalized project management experience applying PMI or industry standards.
- Presented to large audiences including Senior Leadership.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.