Associate Manager, Technical Training (Hybrid) (R456698)
Who we want:
- Business-oriented evaluators. People who effectively interpret information to demonstrate the effects of business initiatives, regulation and industry trends for sales, management and leadership teams.
- Self-directed imitators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
- Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
What you will do:
- This role manages Technical Training team members in an assigned site/area to ensure the successful alignment and execution of Technical Training strategies, initiatives, and processes. Responsible for all aspects of Technical Training including the design, coordination, and deployment of role-based training.
- Provide leadership and direction to Technical Training team members.
- Ensure training processes remain in compliance with regulatory standards and quality requirements.
- Complete training workflow tasks within the Change Control process to ensure accurate training is being planned and assigned in the LMS when new or revised documents are released.
- Continually assess training strategies, programs, and metrics, implementing solutions, as appropriate.
- Oversee the design, development, and customization of technical training content.
- Ensure the proper documentation of training programs.
- Monitor and respond to changes in SLMS data that have the potential to impact the reliability and/or automation of training assignments.
- Ensure site(s) establish and maintain compliance to Quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), monitor progress and take timely action to address adverse trends and deviations.
- Partner with various functional groups (e.g., Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Compliance, HR, etc.) to incorporate functional-based training programs into the role-based curriculums, as appropriate.
- Participate in communities of practice (COPs) that seek to improve strategies, programs, and processes across the Technical Training function; lead tactic teams where necessary.
- Assist in the establishment of training standards across the organization and develop processes and/or procedures that ensure effectiveness of training delivery.
- Partner with local manufacturing and quality leadership to assess training needs and determine priorities that translate into training requirements and/or programs for the teams to implement.
- Collect and present on training performance metrics to leadership during periodic meetings and forums (e.g., Quality Systems Management Review).
- Represent Technical Training processes during regulatory body audits/inspections and support requests for training records and/or evidence for qualification.
- Partner with the SLMS Shared Services Team to support platform upgrades, enhancements, and ensure help ticket Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are being met; identify process improvements where possible.
Who you will need:
Bachelor’s degree in the area of Business, Training & Development, Education, or Human Resources related discipline.
- Knowledge of training needs analysis, instructional/program design, development and evaluation, adult learning concepts and learning methodologies.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in medical device, pharmaceutical, or other regulated industry with knowledge of manufacturing standards and practices, including quality and compliance issues.
- Experience providing training support for manufacturing operations is a plus.
- Previous experience managing one or more remote team members.
- Demonstrated ability to influence management, business groups, and Subject Matter Expert (SMEs) toward a recommended action.
- Proven track record for designing, deploying, and managing training initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS), document management, and change control processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in adult learning theory, instructional design, and technical training content development, including eLearning formats.
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver instructor-led training at a high level.
- Demonstrated organizational and document management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite, with strong excel skills.