Product Manager - Gaming & Entertainment ( 577472-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Gaming & Entertainment team (part of Verizon's Device & Consumer Product Marketing organization) is charged with connecting consumers with next generation video game experiences that harness the power of Verizon's 5G network.
As a Product Manager, you will be defining and executing on our product roadmap, focusing on strategic partnerships with the gaming industry's leading OEMs, technology providers, service providers, and content publishers. This is a partnership driven role, but your responsibilities will span the entirety of a product's lifecycle.
- Product Strategy: Defining and delivering the vision and strategy behind our team's product portfolio.
- Continuously striving for product innovation, while closely monitoring market forces that impact or address customer needs.
- Building thorough, analytical business cases that maximize return on investment through revenue growth and customer acquisition.
- Business Development: Sourcing, nurturing, and acquiring new partnerships across the gaming ecosystem.
- Collaborating with our legal and subject matter experts to structure, draft, and execute partnership agreements.
- Product Marketing: Leveraging research-based insights to determine how our products and offerings are priced and positioned.
- Determining our overall go-to-market strategy and supporting our marketing teams in defining product messaging and value propositions.
- Maximizing demand generation by putting the customer first.
- Product Development: Providing business and user experience specifications around how customers learn, buy, get, and use our products.
- Work closely with Verizon’s technology, engineering, UX/design, and operations teams to translate product requirements into a seamless customer experience.
What we’re looking for...
The ideal candidate is a natural leader, thrives in a matrixed organization, and has the ability to influence and collaborate with a broad range of cross-functional stakeholders and senior leaders. Experience in the gaming ecosystem or consumer technology is strongly desired, as you will be the subject matter expert and voice of the consumer when it comes to the latest in gaming platforms, technology, and content.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in partnership agreements, with a thorough understanding of contract drafting and negotiation.
- Experience in Google Suite.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree – more impressive if you have an MBA.
- Experience within the video game industry or consumer technology, particularly in a distribution or marketing capacity.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to present findings, insights, or strategic vision catered towards any given audience.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies and working knowledge of Jira.
- History of successful product launches, account/partnership management, and/or deal executions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.