Associate Manager, Branch Operations (R456930)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy manufacturing at Stryker?
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on people’s lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with products that are improving and saving people’s lives. We have an award-winning culture and have been named the #1 Best Workplace in Manufacturing in the U.S. by Fortune for 3 years in a row!
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/5-reasons-to-join-strykers-manufacturing-team
Who we want
- Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
- Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members.
- Network builders. Managers who build connections with other teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional collaboration.
- Metrics-oriented managers. People who are always tracking important business metrics to ensure projects meet expectations and budget.
What you will do
As a Manager, Branch Operations, you lead Customer Service, Inventory and Warehouse teams to drive sales, operating income, cash flow and asset management in support of the branch’s profit and loss objectives. As a member of the branch leadership team, you work closely with the Area Manager and sales teams in support of achieving local branch objectives, quality standards and compliance to all policies and regulations.
- Lead all branch operations employees by partnering with Human Resources and branch leadership to acquire top talent, create a performance-based work culture and develop a high performing team
- Manage the performance of direct reports, including writing and delivering performance appraisals and taking disciplinary actions when warranted
- Represent branch at quarterly regional operations meetings and annual national operations meeting
- Drive employee engagement and recognition of key achievements
- Ensure adherence to and become branch expert on all quality and compliance requirements as set forth by the Field Quality Management System requirements
- Lead any regulatory agency (e.g. FDA) site visits and inspections per the Field Quality Management System (FQMS) protocol
- Ensure compliance with OSHA standards
- Drive timely and accurate execution of product actions and expiration management processes
- Ensure 100% on-time completion of all assigned training for yourself and team
- Prepare branch for audits and ensure branch is in constant state of audit readiness
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in optimizing the supply chain
- Ensure on-time, complete and accurate delivery of products to customers
- Direct and coordinate the daily activities of customer service, inventory, loaner kit assembly and distribution
- Drive efficiency improvement in all aspects of the branch
- Coordinate new product rollouts with Area Manager, Sales, Product Life Cycle team, Product Marketing, etc.
- Coordinate with Distribution and Field Operations with the implementation of new national supply chain initiatives
- Drive performance that positively impacts the branch’s P&L and Cash Flow by partnering with Area Manager, Sales and Field Finance Manager
- Partner with Area Manager, Sales and Field Finance on budget and capital expenses
- Ensure compliance with and become branch expert on Revenue Recognition rules
- Partner with Area Manager, Sales, Field Finance, Human Resources and Distribution and Field Operations on future real estate leases
- Evaluate, manage and report inventory metrics to Area Manager, Sales to positively impact P&L and cash flow
- Meet top line sales, operating income and cash flow objectives; make improvements in top drivers such as inventory, instrumentation, freight expense and workforce planning
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree required or 6 years of relevant work experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum 6 years of experience in logistics, operations, distribution or customer service with demonstrated success in managing teams including remote employees
- Experience driving high customer service levels, inventory control, cost reduction and quality compliance
- Financial acumen including management of P&L
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, teach and coach individuals with diverse backgrounds and technical skills
- Proven ability to achieve performance metrics
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/