Senior Product Manager - Financial Services ( 577424-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Consumer Products team at Verizon is looking for a versatile Product Manager and team leader to play a critical role in driving the overall growth of the business through new and existing products. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to define the strategic direction, develop new product and service ideas, define the product value proposition and positioning as well as be responsible for overall success of the products in the marketplace. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the creation of a new fintech industry vertical for Verizon and comes with revenue responsibility.
- Lead a team of Product managers, create and deliver new products and deliver on the revenue targets.
- Perform market & competitor analysis to identify marketing trends.
- Develop, communicate, and implement an efficient product roadmap for Financial Services products to meet short, medium and long term commercial strategies.
- Create business cases, drive consensus and gain internal approvals to support the roadmap.
- Define product requirements for existing and new products.
- Deeply understand the target audience and the experience of product consideration, purchasing, and onboarding to build a seamless experience across channels.
- Partner with the Product technology team to create UX, requirements & launch enhancements.
- Manage relationships with strategic partners and identify new and/or existing opportunities through these relationships.
- Build and manage business operations to ensure smooth functioning of the product/service.
- Work with the marketing teams to define and support campaigns to drive market success.
- Optimizing app and website performance.
- Gain and maintain strong knowledge of market trends, customer insights, emerging/disruptive technologies, and advancements in the e-commerce / m-commerce space.
What we’re looking for...
We are seeking someone with exceptional product management and product marketing skills, who is a strategic thinker with a strong commercial background to lead, define, and deliver the market strategy for Financial Services products. We're looking for someone who's self-motivated, curious, and tenacious to take a concept from ideation stage to market launch. You will need to be self-driven, comfortable with ambiguity and in working in a fast-paced environment. You will need to have experience with driving business development, negotiations, go-to-market strategy as well as strong project management skills.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Experience at managing a team of product managers.
- Experience with marketing products in the Financial Services space.
- Experience with creating and delivering powerful presentations.
- Experience with partnering with third party companies.
- Experience leveraging analytics and insights to drive decision making at all levels of the organization.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- An MBA.
- Deep understanding and appreciation of consumer needs and behaviors.
- Understanding of the FinTech industry.
- Experience of having successfully launched products within a consumer tech company.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams, products, and categories.
- Strong relationship management skills and cross-functional teams in a remote environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.