Tax Manager, Blockchain (49698)
- Leading clients with legal entity structuring, token analysis, deal analysis, revenue recognition, sourcing, and implementation of clients' tax objectives.
- Performing detail-level reviews of tax research, agreements, work papers, and tax filings
- Coordinating and communicating with client contacts as required to understand the client's business, gather information, and provide tax-efficient solutions.
- Training, mentoring, and supervising tax staff.
- Preparing and leading client meetings on advisory and compliance projects related to tax planning opportunities, and the tax implications of various transactions to the organization.
- Billing and profitability analysis on engagements
- Involvement in marketplace eminence building and pursuits.
Deloitte's Crypto Practice
Deloitte is leading the industry in applying its tax experience across many digital asset types and spanning the entire ecosystem. From token and protocol issuers, to exchanges and miners, to crypto funds and even enterprise solutions, we've served clients in this space for almost a decade. We support clients with unique tax consideration on digital assets in legal entity structuring, tax accounting methods, revenue recognition, cross border transactions, state apportionment, sourcing, fund structures and character analysis. With more than 500 clients, we provide the full cycle of services, from formation, funding and operations, to growth and exit. Learn more about Deloitte Tax
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the
- tax controversy
- corporate or partnership tax
- state and local tax
- international tax
- tax compliance
- tax structuring
- mergers and acquisitions tax
- Experience managing projects including scheduling, budgeting, client correspondence, and billing
- At least one of the following accreditations attained, in process of attaining, or willing to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in your state of hire
- IRS Enrolled Agent
- Licensed Attorney
- Travel up to 10%. (While 10% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degrees preferred
- A deep interest and passion for crypto
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.