Site Manager (33666)
Amentum is seeking an Site Manager for our operations & maintenance team.
• Typical work hours are Monday-Friday, 7:00am – 4:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
The Site Manager is fully responsible for the overall operation of facility maintenance infrastructures.
• Expected to demonstrate a commitment to safety, continuously monitoring safe work practices within the maintenance team as well as compliance to OSHA regulations.
• Primary focal point for production personnel for any maintenance related work on site.
• Accountable for productivity, efficiency and quality of facilities maintenance work.
• Responsible for succession planning for the maintenance team.
• Responsible for coordinating efforts of surge maintenance support on site.
• Responsible for ensuring all team members have appropriate training and experience to perform their assigned work.
• Responsible for soliciting proposals and coordinating work out of scope Facilities Maintenance vendors (e.g. elevator contractor, floor repair, roofers , etc. )
• Must have a working knowledge in a number of areas to include, but not limited to: rigging and millwright, hydraulics, compressed air systems, plumbing, machining, welding and fabrication, carpentry, HVAC, electrical and electrical distribution, electronics, PLC’s, building and fire alarm systems, etc., in order to direct the work of others. In some instances, the supervisor also performs some necessary maintenance.
• Ensures cleanliness and organization of maintenance shop and spare parts inventory.
• Must possess an understanding of work being performed in a “clean room” environment.
The Site Manager ensures the safety and well-being of employees, safeguards company funds and property, and generally represents Amentum in the field with respect to the client.
• Leverages leadership and organizational management skills to ensure the success of business expansion.
• Manages the operation and completes tasks to the satisfaction of each client, consistent with cost, schedule and contractual requirements.
• Develops, presents, and manages compliance to key performance indicators.
• Directly responsible for P&L and budgeting.
• Directly interacts with clients and manages relationships to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Invests in team-building to create and develop a cohesive team.
• Leads multi-skilled employee development, including development and training plans for technical personnel.
• Researches and formulates related policies and procedures to ensure all associated administrative procedures are current and audit ready.
• Coordinates and monitors the purchase and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
• Oversees day-to-day maintenance operations of client’s buildings, facilities and equipment focusing on keeping all equipment in an operating and functional condition by directing a workforce consisting of technical and non-technical employees.
• Must be able to evaluate schedules to support maintenance of productions environments.
• Influences, develops and controls budget, costs, staff and vendors by planning, scheduling, implementing processes and drafting procedures.
• Utilizes strong organizational and problem solving skills and creative thinking to introduce and manage change in order to achieve continuous improvement.
• Initiates and communicates a variety of personnel actions; e.g., employment, termination, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary actions, scheduling and/or approving overtime.
• Establish and maintain effective two-way communications to understand the needs and concerns of employees; communicate employee attitudes and expectations to higher management; properly manage employee personal information.
• Identify and maintain accountability for company assets within assigned area and ensure employees understand their obligation to protect company assets.
• Demonstrates leadership by example and shows integrity and candor in all actions.
• Works proactively to identify potential project problems or opportunities, analyzes these issues using appropriate resources, and develops and implements optimum alternatives.
• Develop and recommend long-range goals and short-range objectives as well as plans and practices to produce optimum results. Direct day-to-day operations to attain established goals and objectives. Monitor performance against approved plans.
• Clearly understands Amentum scope of work and contract requirements for the area of responsibility.
• Supports Amentum management as the designated Amentum agent for all discussions and negotiations with customers.
• Supports or conducts formal presentations to clients and/or management.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, facilities management, or a related field, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five years of progressively responsible facilities or production operations and maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
• This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
• This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
• This position will require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
• Requires the ability to periodically lift up to 50 lbs.
• Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
• Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
• Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
• Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
• Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
• Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
• Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
• Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
• Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
• Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
• Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
• Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
• Prior experience supporting the Intel customer.
• Minimum ten years of experience in a leadership position demonstrating the ability to analyze Production Maintenance related problems (i.e. Electrical, Controls, Automation, Robotics, Mechanical); then recognize and determine solutions for resolution. This includes but is not limited to; opportunities for improved asset reliability, improved quality results, safer work conditions, and lower maintenance cost, and improved work plans to increase efficiency.
• Experience managing a multi-skilled workforce to deliver positive results.
• Experience troubleshooting PLCs and complex industrial electrical systems.
• Experience utilizing Continuous Improvement disciplines such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, 4 M’s, etc.
• Experience creating metrics and data mining for driving performance results
• Experience in creating Power Point presentation and giving presentation in front of large audiences
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites with emphasis on the ability to navigate and formulate within Excel and Access
• General working knowledge of industrial facility maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience utilizing a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
• Experience in new business start-ups.
• Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.