Marketing Manager ( 576005-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Marketing Manager in VBM (Value Based Marketing), the primary goal will be to develop and execute communication strategies to retain customers and grow revenue for Verizon.
The position is responsible for the strategic and tactical development of marketing plans, providing direction internally and externally on the best use of marketing efforts to support initiatives targeted to the intended audience, as well as communicating plans for creative development.
- Implementation/execution of complete digital and traditional marketing plans.
- Day to day ownership of CRM multi-channel communications to existing home and mobile customers which include e-mail, digital, and other online and offline tactics.
- Actively review campaign results, and evaluate opportunities for testing and enhancement. Work with product teams and creative partners to share back learnings and create recommendations.
- Development of creative and data strategy briefs for multi-vehicle customer communications programs.
- Administration and coordination of marketing budget, ensuring programs are on or under budget, plus effectively manage and track agency scopes of work.
- Ensure proper HTML presentation and the quality of all outbound campaigns on desktop and mobile. Review of other campaign executions (i.e. DM production proofs, push notifications, EMS etc.) for quality and review of customer experience.
- Collaborate with database marketing team and execution teams on logistics of communications deployment.
What we’re looking for...
You are self-motivated, results driven, and a problem solver with attention to detail and experienced in campaign orchestration. You have experience with high-level of coordination and communication among cross-functional internal teams, leadership and agency partners.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Agency and/or client side marketing experience.
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint applications) and Google Suite.
- Strong leadership and a proven ability to positively influence change.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising or four years of equivalent work experience.
- Experience managing external marketing or advertising agencies.
- Self-starter who provides thoughtful recommendations and solutions.
- Confident verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with campaign automation tools (Adobe Campaign) and Optimization tools (Persado).
- Thorough understanding of campaign performance analysis to drive continuous improvement.
- Strong analytical, research and organization skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.