Health Care: Supply Chain, Manager
The Team -Health Care
Focuses on assisting those organizations that are responsible for the delivery, funding and payment management of health care and medical related services. Clients include hospitals, academic medical centers, health systems, home health agencies, long term care, outpatient facilities, ambulatory surgery centers, practitioners and physician groups as well as health plans, other health insurance companies, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), and retail health care clients.
Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations: Our Supply Management & Digital Procurement Talent Group improves the effectiveness and efficiency of the planning/engineering, sourcing, manufacturing, and delivery/logistics of business processes to create a strategic, competitive advantage.
One of the services our practice provides to health care clients is supply chain optimization (pricing and utilization), including analyzing the group purchasing organization, contracts and inventories to find ways to reduce costs and make smart buying decisions.
Work you'll do
Managers are professionals with strong records of academic and professional achievement who have the capacity and desire for continuous development and growth. Deloitte professionals must also be capable of working and communicating with people at all levels of an organization.
Managers lead multiple project work streams, small engagement teams or components of large, complex engagements. They mentor junior practitioners as they conduct detailed, quantitative analyses associated with developing meaningful insights to address health care clients biggest challenges. These challenges encompass everything from helping clients increase revenues, decrease costs, accelerate cash flow, improve margin and operational workflows by addressing people, processes, technology, and strategy across every aspect of the project lifecycle.
Deloitte managers typically work with a project team dedicated to a single health care client, taking direction from the project manager or Principal/Partner/Director. They work side by side with Principals/Partner/Directors, often with exposure to C-level executives and organizational leaders. Project teams work onsite with the client team, typically necessitating travel three to four nights a week.
As a manager, you will be asked to provide leadership in a variety of challenging roles, make significant contributions in a relatively short time, take responsibility for the way you manage your time, develop your skill set, and deliver creative, compelling insights to the client. Your career success is dependent on your ability to personalize your career path and identify and grow your internal and external network. We don't expect you to do this alone - our environment provides multiple opportunities for you to further develop your skills through our training curriculum and mentoring programs.
Enterprise OperationsSupply Chain Networks
Our Supply Chain Networks team helps clients transform their value chains into competitive weapons. We drive efficiency, improve flexibility, and increase responsiveness through proactive insights and decision-making. We advise, implement, and operate transformational solutions that bring world-class supply network and operational capabilities to our clients. We provide operational know-how, digital technologies, advanced analytics, and industry-specific hybrid solutions to deliver unprecedented client value. Additionally, we improve operations, product, and material flow across the breadth of the value chain and create greater supply network synergy and value through M&A events.
- At least 8 years' of relevant consulting or industry experience and 6+ years in a technical or functional lead role. Industry experience might include roles in large multi-hospital systems or academic medical centers, as well as a GPOs, health plans, pharmacy benefit managers (PMB), or retail health organizations; and a Bachelor's degree and/or MBA preferred. MS or MBA with a focus on supply chain added bonus.
- Lead assessments of healthcare supply chain transformations (operating model redesign), healthcare care ERP supply chain transformation, process redesign and procure to pay.
- Lead redesign and implementation projects to streamline resources, processes, and technologies across the client's continuum including inpatient, outpatient and/or retail services
- Perform research, data analysis, benchmarking and development of tools, graphics and presentations as appropriate to assist the client in understanding methods and processes required to achieve measurable results.
- Build effective and sustainable relationships with key industry leaders and clients to develop new engagements. Participation in organizations such as the Association for Health Care Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM) added bonus.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and concurrently overseeing client deliverables.
- Strong executive presence and client presentation skills. Ability to work independently on multiple work streams while developing teams.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex, multi-thread programs including scope definition, objective prioritization, risk management, and issue resolution.
- Expertise in delivering high-quality program outcomes according to the scope, work plan, quality standards and budget.
- Ability to support development of others by delivering key performance feedback, coaching and demonstrating role-model behavior.
- Experience in leading senior client teams (C-level executives, SVP's etc.)
- Demonstrate consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Perform above expectations in previous professional roles.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with Business Intelligence and Analytics software tools a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50%. Due to Covid-19 non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice
- Limited Sponsorship may be available
- Must live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices.
- Professional experience with operational process mapping
- Professional experience with healthcare cost reduction planning and implementation
- Experience with healthcare organization M&A, physician alignment, or financial margin improvement initiatives
- Excellent undergraduate academic record (GPA 3.5+)
- Advanced degree in business or health care-related field (e.g., MHA, MBA, MS, PharmD) from a top tier program. For PharmDs: R.Ph added bonus.
- 2+ years of management consulting experience in a health care related field
- Professional competence in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Access. Tableau added bonus.
- Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Sense of responsibility to self, team and client
- Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment