Health & Safety Manager (33529)
The Health and Safety Manager will develop, implement, manage and maintain effective Health and Safety policies and procedures that meet the criteria for ISO compliance as well as corporate and government ground and aviation safety requirements.
- Work collaboratively with corporate Quality & EHS to develop, implement and sustain a behavioral quality-based program and ensure consistent practices and deliverables meet quality standards.
- Lead and guide improvement initiatives and make high-value improvements across the program.
- Implement corporate-sponsored best practices for safety and health quality assurance processes; develop and utilize benchmark-based metrics, and develop & maintain reporting on these measures to ensure continuous improvement and provide needed information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare, maintain, enforce, and update safety procedures to drive performance using ISO standards across all aspects of the Program.
- Conduct regular, technical reviews of all ongoing improvement projects and conduct thorough audits of projects in the closure phase.
- Maintain accurate OSHA recordkeeping documentation and provide periodic updates to corporate EHS.
- Direct safety and health training and implementation.
- Prepare and submit functional area deliverables on schedule in accordance with requirements.
- Empower workforce with stop work authority for safety and health breaches.
- Provide oversight to the program employee safety committee.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and provide guidance on related disciplines.
- Seek, share and assist in institutionalizing best practices.
- Establish and track progress toward meeting the goals and objectives of process improvement initiatives.
- Conduct audits and inspections to ensure compliance with DI policies and procedures and implement corrective actions as required.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous process improvement activities.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of aircraft maintenance, planning, quality control and supervisory policies, principles, procedures and techniques.
- For military contracts, extensive knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulations and requirements in DOD environment.
- Ability to develop and present senior staff-level briefings and management reports.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement approaches.
- Experience in implementing management systems standards (e.g., ISO 14001, OSHA VPP, FAA SMS, etc.)
- Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Work is mainly in an office environment; must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- May be exposed to loud noises on flight lines.
- Position may expose the employee to up to 15 pounds of lifting.
- Bachelor's degree in Evironmental Health/Safety or equivalent.
- Eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in related field with minimum of five (5) years of experience leading aircraft maintenance safety organizations with demonstrated results.
- Three (3) years of safety experience in rotorcraft maintenance.
- Knowledge of safety standards and general experience in dealing with environmental issues.
- Shall have completed the Additional Duty Safety Course (ADSC) as outlined in AR/DA PAM385 series.
- Shall have training documentation detailing knowledge of DA PAM 385-10 Chapters 6, 4-3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, and 14.
- Shall have training documentation detailing knowledge of AR 95-20 Chapter 6 Aviation Safety Program Elements to include certificate or course work in Mishap Prevention Program, Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting, Protection of Aircraft on the Ground, and Aircraft Hangars (NAS 3306).
- Completion of OSHA 30 Hour General Industry course.
- Certified LEAN and/or Six Sigma Black Belt.