Manager, Planning and Purchasing (R454093)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy supply chain at Stryker?
As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will make a daily impact on the lives of others. Apply today and you will get a chance to work with high-functioning, driven people who all have the same mission of making healthcare better. Plus, we have an award-winning culture and were recently named the #5 World's Best Workplace by Fortune!
Who we want-
- Compliance-focused orchestrators. Managers who carefully oversee people, processes, and deliverables to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Accuracy-oriented team leaders. Providing direct oversight of processes and results, managers who ensure accurate and timely completion of projections, forecasts or reporting.
- Subject matter experts. Managers who not only oversee the collection, review, and analysis of data but can interpret, translate, and present on all various matters as needed.
What you will do-
Manage production scheduling and purchasing in support of medical device manufacturing facility(s) in Arlington, TN. Ensures team of buyers and schedulers work cross-functionally with other groups to allow facility to make agreed upon supply plan and drive operational budget objectives.
- Oversee development of rough-cut capacity plan for internal manufacturing and partner with supply planning to develop solutions to short and mid-range challenges.
- Develop, implement, and monitor metrics to drive effective and efficient operation within planning and purchasing team.
- Provide developmental coaching and guidance to team in the areas of performance management, communication, and adhering to company policies.
- Lead direct reports to document and standardize planning and purchasing processes in order to drive continuous improvement.
- Work cross-functionally with Sourcing, Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Quality, Engineering, and other groups to ensure efficient execution of short, mid, and long-range plans and effective issue resolution.
- Develop and maintain relationships within supply base to ensure effective problem resolution when supply challenges arise.
- Provide manufacturing support for new product launches to ensure successful planning through factory and on-time launch of product.
- Develop budgets and manage expenditures to meet annual departmental and organizational plans.
What you need-
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain management or related required.
- 6+ years of experience in Planning, Supply Chain Management, Supply Planning, Procurement, or equivalent required.
- APICS or other related certifications preferred.
Experience with ERP/MRP tools (Oracle, JDE, SAP, etc.) required.
Strong analytics background and skills including ability to analyze large datasets in Excel, Access, Power BI, etc.- preferred.
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/