Technical Program Manager ( 578049-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect projects require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Verizon Connect, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage various Engineering-specific programs and teams. You have the opportunity to make a significant impact, and you’ll learn and grow alongside stunning colleagues who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving.
Be a part of the rapidly growing Connected Car SaaS industry, as you work alongside some of the sharpest minds in SaaS software and mobile app development. Our engineering teams take advantage of the latest technologies to design, build and test solutions that are literally transforming connected vehicles around the world. We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to help tackle the exciting technical opportunities ahead.
As a technical project manager, you will drive the projects to completion and own the communication to the leadership team.
- Own and drive cross-functional execution of program deliverables.
- Approach complex problems with a strategic perspective and develop strategies to address them.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies, risks, and gaps that stifle the program's progress and implement better and more efficient workflows.
- Establish an overall plan for several teams to rally around by identifying the systems involved to build new solutions, align roadmaps, and weigh relative priorities.
- Build strong subject matter knowledge to balance business demands with technological restrictions.
- Assess and evaluate a program's technical implementation with engineering to determine the best strategy for the challenge at hand.
- Drive complex technical discussions with audiences of varying technical and subject matter backgrounds.
- Develop and own communication plans for communicating program status, big picture, challenges, and risks to stakeholders effectively and proactively.
- Work closely with Software Engineers, Quality Analyst, Product Managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- Take responsibility for release schedules and milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide leadership in the delivery of the roadmap
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy orchestrating programs with many moving parts: people, needs, and technologies.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, sciences, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in process improvement, program management, and Product Life Cycle execution.
- Six or more years of experience in cross-functionally managing and resourcing a multidisciplinary team of engineers and/or program/product managers for capital programs.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
- Experience establishing trust and strong work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Advanced degree in engineering, a related technical field, or MBA.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and thought leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Lean Certification or equivalent experience in lean software delivery.
- Experience in data driven analytics and key performance indicator management.
- Experience in IoT/Telematics domain.
- Strong implementation background in lean practices.
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.