Senior Product Manager Connected Consumer Products ( 578075-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This is a highly impactful role as a Sr. Product Manager/ Connected Consumer Products within Consumer Product Group for Verizon Connect. You will be responsible for clearly defining the next generation of connected products (Hardware & Services) for consumers by working and leading cross-functional teams.
- Create/own product roadmap and strategy for product and services, identifying new opportunities for product growth in terms of subscribers and revenue.
- Define product priorities using data and qualitative judgment
- Lead competitive & market analysis to benchmark product opportunities. Develop a 3 to 5-year vision.
- Use lean approaches & product playbooks to experiment quickly and find product-market fit. Create financial models to validate business models.
- Define product requirements & backlog – write/ prioritize user stories based on agile best practices
- Partner with UX teams to create best in class user experience.
- Lead the launch and release planning. Partner with support, marketing, sales, and operations.
- Gather customer/user feedback, run advisory sessions and measure/ manage NPS post launch.
- Manage device performance metrics such as device uptime, reporting status & device health.
- In depth data analysis to understand product performance/uptime/usage post launch.
- Lead product documentation/ Sales/ and Support training at product launch.
- Comfortable operating in a highly matrixed, globally distributed organization.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Clearly & effectively communicate the roadmaps, product plans, and availability to internal stakeholder teams to ensure alignment and cross-group readiness.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Telematics, IOT and Telecom environment.
- Experience in managing and leading Technical, Business and Financial topics.
- Experience managing products throughout its lifecycle.
- Experience in agile & lean/kanban methods, fluent in both hardware and software development.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Engineering degree (EE, CS, or related) with hands on technical experience.
- Ten or more years of experience in product management.
- Knowledge in telecom and technology space - Multi-functional experience, customer service, finance, sales, operations, marketing, planning and strategy.
- Experience working with UX teams (design, research), trends assessment and customer insights.
- Ability to apply Design Thinking and Product Management methodologies to understand and solve business problems and persona-based use cases to design, drive and deliver significant outcomes and wins.
- Experience developing, implementing and tracking metrics, data analysis and reporting at the organizational level.
- Ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence co-workers while fostering strong working relationships.
- Experience in supporting the customer experience and journey with Wireless.
- Experience managing complex projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.