Manager, Application Architecture - DAS Risk & Brand Protection/OGC (47886)
- Architect, design, implement world-class products and solutions. Develop functional architecture design and contribute to product vision
- Manage clients, complex projects, drive business requirement gathering, manage scope and client expectations
- Transforms detailed requirements into a complete, detailed systems design document
- Supports creation of interface specifications and call flows for the various components in the design
- Provide inputs to create Agile user stories based on marketing business non-functional requirements
- Provide technical support for analysis of business requirements and applicability to the current or planned Platform/Enabler/API Platform capabilities
- Participate in E2E functionality assessment during Validation Testing phases (SIT, UAT)
- Experience with technical programming; capable of managing and overseeing teams designing, programming and implementing various technical solutions
- Serve as a technical liaison between the business, project team, developers/testers and solution/enterprise architect.
- Work with IT infrastructure teams to deploy and maintain applications
- See projects through to completion, help the team navigate obstacle and meet commitments.
- Insatiable appetite for learning new development techniques, architectural patterns and innovative technologies
- Common sense approach to weighing constraints vs business drivers
- Courage to stand up for what is right for our product, team, department and company
- Motivated by mentoring others through technical and professional growth
- Willingness to maintain a positive attitude regardless of external factors
- Can handle the rush of each software change impacting 100's of 1000's of real people every day
- Curiosity to understand "why" we build the features we choose
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that helps to drive Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services internally including:
- Cyber security
- Technology support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Application development and management
- Relationship management group
For more information on ITS, you can visit our dedicated recruitment page at https://usrecruiting.deloitte.com/-its-recruiting-for-experienced-hires .
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related discipline. While an advanced degree is preferred, the value is placed on the extent of the relevant experience and accomplishments
- 5+ years hands-on experience designing .net based web applications and guiding development teams in their implementation.
- Experience and knowledge of multi-tier and cross-platform architectures designed for cloud native and serverless platforms.
- Clear understanding of event-driven and delegate-based design paradigms.
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Microservices architecture, and their principles and patterns at enterprise level.
- Experience in data modeling techniques and knowledge and applicability of various normal forms.
- Experience with architecting mobile enterprise solutions based on REST web services.
- Experience in developing of IT architecture plans and software development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of .NET Framework development techniques
- Microsoft .Net, ASP.NET Web API and complementary business layer and front-end technologies like Angular and React.
- Microsoft SQL Server and other common database solutions such as Document db, Graph db, data caching solutions, reporting tools and analytics.
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Strong experience with Azure, AWS or Google
- Strong experience with PaaS/Faas/Serverless technogies; understands leading practices and adoption patterns.
- TOGAF or SEI - Software Architecture Certification .,
- Exposure to BI Tools - like Tableau, PowerBI, Qliksense and DI Tools like Informatica etc.,
- Experience working with SAFe or Agile development processes.
- Experience with Angular
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design
- Electronic commerce, 2B architectures
- Messaging architectures REST with JSON text encoding.
- Usage of automated build and/or unit testing and integration systems (Pipelines, GIT, DevOps)
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills to earn support of business leaders, technology leaders, colleagues, and vendor representatives.
- Capable of building sustainable relationships with colleagues and key individuals.
- Creativity and ability to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions.
- Desire to take the initiative, moving projects/ideas forward with clarity.
- Adept negotiation skills in high-pressure situations.