Sr. Manager, Supply Planning (R457837)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.comWhy supply chain at Stryker?
As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will make a daily impact on the lives of others. Apply today and you will get a chance to work with high-functioning, driven people who all have the same mission of making healthcare better. Plus, we have an award-winning culture and were recently named the #5 World's Best Workplace by Fortune!
Who we want-
· Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
· Insightful advisors. Managers who lead strategy development and provide guidance to teams.
· Goal-oriented orchestrators. People who can effectively coordinate and focus the work of skilled employees toward an important goal, prioritizing to the right activities that lead to success.
What you will do-
The purpose of this role is to be accountable for the overall supply plan quality signal within multiple plants or 3rd party suppliers across a geographic region (e.g., Americas). The role is also responsible for measuring the performance of the execution of the supply plan in meeting the demand requirements. The role will interface with leads across multiple functions - Manufacturing, Sourcing, Finance, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Demand, Marketing, Customer Service, and IBP, to ensure that the sites are providing a high-quality integrated supply plan for the scope defined within the franchise. This role has a people management accountability for Associate Managers, Managers, Supply Planners and Supply Analyst roles across multiple sites in a region.
· Ensure that the supply plan has been financially evaluated in conjunction with finance and that the implications are understood by the leadership team within the plants and the franchise with regard to operational targets and budgets
· Deploy and monitor the performance of the core supply processes within the plant /3PL such as Master resource planning, Capacity Planning, Demand and Supply execution and Safety stocks
· Input into the overall Franchise Executive Supply Review by communicating the capability of the plant/3PL to meet the latest demand signal and the implications if any of doing so
· Own and drive continuous improvement on the core processes within supply planning based on defined standards by business model for the franchise and process excellence
· Ensure that the manufacturing leadership are being provided with the right insight in regard to planning future capital investment with regard to capacity planning and also opportunities for cost and cash improvement
· Ensure that production and procurement call offs are in line with what was requested in the Supply plan and any deviation is measured and monitored to drive a balanced scorecard approach on KPIs
· Be the knowledge center in supporting pro-active communication of supply risks and mitigation of back-order issues within span of control to include both production in house and 3rd party purchasing
· Ensure that KPIs are tracked, communicated and corrective actions taken when deviating and reported back to leadership in time
· Management of people resources across multiple sites to ensure that they are developed, coached and capable of performing the role designated including performance management
· Support cross-franchise best practice programs by actively participating, sharing and adapting best practice learnings back into the specific franchise as part of simplifying how we operate within GQO and Stryker
What you need-
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management/Business/Engineering or related field required
· 10+ years of related experience required
· Combined E2E supply chain experience in multinational/global environment experience- highly preferred
· 5+ years in Production Planning /Engineering /Purchasing roles- highly preferred
· 5+ years of people management experience, leading a group or team- highly preferred
· Production line or engineering practical experience- preferred
· IT planning system knowledge hands on within SAP/JDA/JDE/Oracle platforms- preferred
· Demonstrated knowledge of S&OP and IBP processes and the role of supply planning within the overall process- preferred
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/