Modernization Engineer - DC Manager
Help create new life for legacy information technology systems.
The Deloitte Application Modernization Team - specialists in converting legacy information technology systems to modern languages - is currently seeking Azure Cloud Modernization Managers. This is an exciting opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the hottest areas in the market.
Work you'll do
• Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
• Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
• Delivery: Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of migration approaches, migration plans, tools, timeline and execution.
• Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
• Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
• People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, Deloitte Application Modernization & Innovation consultants leverage the best of innovative technology, people, and delivery approaches to help our clients dream, explore, build, and optimize their future. The AMI practice delivers end-to-end technology solutions to enable and improve our clients' core business operations. AM&I is composed of three different areas- Service Delivery & Business Design, Application Modernization & Migration and Quality Engineering
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent working experience
• Over 15+ years of experience and certification with public cloud providers - Azure or AWS architecture, tools and cloud methodologies.
• 15+ years of IT experience as a solution architect and SDE in Customer-facing roles.
• Work with cloud engineering teams to design and modernize legacy platforms to Azure cloud native platform
• Strong demonstrated development experience in Azure PaaS cloud environments, application & data modernization projects
• Refactor/Rearchitect and implement applications based on modern cloud design patterns and cloud software development that utilizes cloud computing and services in public, private, and hybrid clouds environments
• Experience dealing with cloud workloads, application and data architecture, Azure serverless function/application design, micro-services, DevOps
• Building and configuring delivery environments supporting CI/CD tools using an Agile delivery methodology
• Delivering end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring and infrastructure management in a cloud environment
• Providing knowledge of container management tools (e.g. Docker), container orchestration (e.g. AKS), infrastructure-as-code (e.g. ARM, Ansible, Terraform), and have familiarity with modern build experience tools (e.g. Maven) and cloud integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
• Implementing build, deployment and monitoring standards for the client
• Understand static code analysis, unit testing and test-driven development, security testing and automated test frameworks
• Understand object-oriented programming (i.e. emphasis in .NET/Java) and have familiarity with source control systems (emphasis on Git)
• Leveraging cloud native services to drive innovation and increases speed to market in the software development life cycle
• Maintain application DevOps processes and deployment pipelines to implement and support application and feature releases
• Assist in system migration to the cloud supporting refactoring legacy system to modernize the application or integration services to leverage cloud native services and solutions
• Knowledge and experience managing Cloud Modernization programs/projects and an ability to adapt experience into best practices for immediate use
• Familiarity with R6 Application Rationalization Methodology
• Familiarity with compliance and security standards
• Experience with Product Management experience methodologies like Agile or Agile-like environments a plus
- NET Core
- UI Frameworks: Razor, Angular, React
- Containers / AKS
- Azure Functions
- Azure App Service
- Azure Service Bus
- Load Balancer/App Gateway/Web Application Firewall
- API Management
- Azure DevOps
- Azure SQL MI/Databases
- Azure Data Migration and Analytics tools: Synapse, Data Factory
- Azure Active Directory/Identity Management
- Azure Storage
• Good knowledge of object-oriented design principles and software architectures
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
• Ability to communicate effectively technical information to non-technical as well as technical personnel.
• Ability to tie the technical solutions to the business outcomes is very key.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- : Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Must be willing to travel up to 75%