Are you a talented Project Management professional focused on planning, leading, organizing, and motivating both Agile and traditional project teams ? Are you a resourceful problem solver who thrives in the identification and definition of creative, effective solutions? As a Program Management professional, you will help client's set-up, manage, and operate their most complex projects, define functional requirements for technology solutions, and design and derive transformative approaches for technology systems working in a collaborative environment without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do
As a Systems Engineering Program Manager, Senior Consultant you will bring strong and in-depth functional and project management solutions to clients with a focus on achieving a high level of performance and quality, and delivery of both agile and traditional projects that provide exceptional business value to users . Our projects are both large and complex. You will have the technical foundation and knowledge to work with a core group of technology professionals. You will:
• Manage day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
• Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
• Manage small teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures. Your background in technology will give you the foundation to manage these streams but also understand the technology.
• Manage several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment potentially crossing multiple business divisions.
• Use good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach suitable for planning and managing the effort.
• Coach members of the team as needed to optimize efficiency of the project team
• Create and develop project scope and schedule. Plan and assign resources to associated tasks and deliverables.
• Monitor progress of the project, identify, and quantify variances, perform required corrective actions.
• Manage changes to project scope, project schedule, and project costs to keep the project plan accurate, updated, as defined in the change management plan.
• Identify high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints. Implement approved actions and workarounds to minimize the impact of risks on the project.
• Develop and maintain communication with key project stakeholders and decision makers.
• Achieve project goals within designated project constraints.
Core Technology Operations team works on the design, delivery, and support of a variety of solutions that help our clients meet business objectives. These solutions range from large scale ground-up custom developed applications, to Cloud-based development and integration services as well as customizing industry sector-focused packages. As a member of this team, you would get opportunities to work on all adjacent area technologies such as user interface/user experience development, integration services, business rules engine solutions, or Cloud-based services.
Systems Engineering Program Manager- Solutions Manager are required to have:
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as strong knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
• 10 + years of relevant management consulting or industry experience.
• 7 + years planning and managing project initiatives in a Project Management Office or similar team environment working on custom software development-related projects.
• 5 + years of experience with Project Management Tools such as Microsoft Project and Microsoft SharePoint.
• 5 + years of experience with Requirements Management and Traceability tools such as the IBM Rational suite and HP Quality Center.
• 5 + years of experience translating requirements into optimized designs and identifying alternatives.
• A proven track record of successfully implementing projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
In addition, a successful Systems Engineering Program Manager- Solution Manager will have the following preferred background:
• Experience leading fit gap analysis for migrating applications to Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or Force.com.
• Experience participating in the testing of applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Force.com and/or Google Cloud Platforms.
• Experience with agile tools such as Rally and Jira.
• Experience leading small teams.
• Experience in work planning, monitoring, and reporting.
• Experience managing requirements processes including conducting interviews and documenting technical requirements.
• Experience managing design activities including design sessions and defining future state processes.
• Experience managing vendors and service providers.
• Experience working with and managing onshore, offshore and remote teams.
• Experience with industry standard System Development Life Cycle methodologies.
• PMP certification is strongly preferred.
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a technical discipline (computer science, engineering, etc.)
Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.