Manager - Securitization Capital Markets Services (51701)
- Overseeing team of consultants and senior consultants related to performing agreed upon procedures on each securitization transaction engagement using various software applications (proprietary loan file review system, VBA-based cash flow modeling tool, Collateral Analysis System ("CAS") and industry system platforms - Bloomberg, Intex and TREPP)
- Help develop and maintain proprietary securitization collateral and cash flow models, analyze results and provide explanations for discrepancies to ensure compliance with each transaction's offering documents.
- Thoroughly read through offering documents and provide comments on the collateral analytics, waterfall and various conceptual descriptions
- Manage expectations of deliverables and timing with Underwriters, Issuers, Attorneys and engagement teams.
- Responsible for preparing and issuing Agreed-Upon Procedure reports and invoices
- Provide and monitor constructive on-the-job feedback and conduct performance reviews, train first year and junior analysts on common loan file reviews, collateral analytics, modeling structures and troubleshooting techniques
- Develop, build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Contribute to a positive team environment by taking an active role in counseling and mentoring consultants and senior consultants.
- Minimal to zero travel required (less than 10%)
Managers are expected to have:
- Four year college/university program required, with BS/BA in accounting, finance or economics
- MS/MBA/CPA are helpful, but not required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Access)
- Exposure to computer programming languages such as VBA, industry system platforms such as Bloomberg, Intex or TREPP are helpful but not required
- 3+ years of experience in financial cash flow modeling securitization transactions in Excel/ VBA
- 3+ years of experience in coordinating and communicating with industry participants, such as investment bankers, attorneys, originators/sellers
- 2+ years supervising and training staff
- Well-versed in interpretation of legal documents, such as offering memorandums, offering circulars, indentures and private placement memorandums, etc.
- Ability to working independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment to meet client deadlines
- Strong organizational, analytical skills, problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Relevant working experience in the following industries is desired (minimum of 3 to 5 yrs experience):
• Mortgage and asset-backed securities
• Accounting Firms
• Corporate Trust
• Mortgage Banking
• Loan Servicing
• Fixed income investments
• Rating Agency