Contracts Manager (Enabling Manager) (51891)
- Lead all business negotiations with ecosystem partners, working closely with OGC, QRM, and other stakeholders / subject-matter experts.
- Coordinate multiple parties and manage multiple workstreams with potentially competing interests to create multi-party agreements in support of innovative pricing and business model constructs.
- Articulate to ecosystem partners and Deloitte leadership the nuances that lead to a successful ecosystem relationship, including concepts and terms that may impact the broader ecosystem that must be present in every agreement, and terms than cannot be accepted, and why.
- Identify and negotiate the appropriate contracts needed (e.g., NDAs, alliance, teaming, partner, sponsorship, referral, and multi-party agreements) to support the ecosystem.
- Review and provide initial business compliance, legal, and risk-based analysis and recommendations for the ecosystem partner agreements, which may include, but are not limited to the following: terms related to confidentiality, sponsorship, marketing, non-compete, vendor software licenses, SaaS agreements, software development services, etc.
- Be focal point for all ecosystem partner agreements across an ecosystem to maintain a consistent contracting approach and a similar set of terms to simplify compliance and promote a level of partner parity.
- Ensure business considerations around intellectual property (IP) protection for Deloitte and third-parties are met, and balance business needs with legal IP requirements
- Review proposed agreements and provide comments to assist OGC in their preparation of redlined documents.
- Provide updates to stakeholders on legal and risk exposures, and collectively agree on strategies / approaches that will help to mitigate redlined terms.
- Bring creative solutioning / out of the box thinking to support our ecosystem contracting efforts and effectively engage with OGC, QRM, and other firm stakeholders for their review and approval.
- Frequently brief and facilitate meetings with Deloitte's senior management, ecosystem partners' senior management, sales management, and cross-functional teams to provide key updates.
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of work experience
- 3+ years of experience with all aspects of the contracting process, including management, negotiations, and risk mitigation
- Experience working with IP rights and multi-party agreements
- Experience in solutioning innovative pricing and business model constructs
- Executive presence and ability to negotiate and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Background in negotiating all phases of an agreement lifecycle
- Experience managing, coaching, mentoring, and developing direct reports and / or less experienced team members
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with an emphasis on attention to detail and professional skepticism
- Experience managing multiple and extremely complex priorities at the same time while achieving outstanding results
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- J.D. or licensed attorney with 3+ years of legal related experience is preferred
- Prior public accounting or consulting services experience a plus
- Prior experience with independence, standards, and rules for professional audit firms a plus
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.