Data Quality Manager ( 572772-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be working with stakeholders onshore and offshore to not only create but also to deploy a world class framework, processes and procedures around data quality. You will provide guidance for Data Quality rule creation, seek stakeholder approval, and work with technical teams to deploy data quality rules that will be analyzed by an automated framework. You will create processes then mitigate and remediate data quality issues, working with data stewards and business user teams.
This role is part of our Artificial Intelligence & Data (AI&D) Organization, an exciting new center of excellence supporting all of Verizon, reporting into the Global Network & Technology team.
- Meet with stakeholders to understand data quality needs and create processes around gathering stakeholder requirements.
- Drive technical teams on data quality implementation, from building and deploying rules to deploying data quality dashboards and visualizations.
- Work with stakeholders and executives to communicate the data quality vision, roadmap and implementation strategy.
- Create reporting for data quality issues.
- Create an automated, scalable approach for data quality issue identification and remediation.
- Create automated reporting for data quality issues with IBM CP4D and Informatica IDQ Tool.
- Help create and launch the Data Quality commercial offering, working with all team members to understand the business needs then translate them into a scalable, automated Data Quality solution.
- Work with team members and stakeholders (including VZI, to take existing frameworks and evolve them to an efficient, effective, world class Data Quality offering.
- Lead and manage the Analyst team that works with business sponsors to understand data requirements, create and hand off Data Quality rules for implementation.
- Collaborate with the governance team, data stewards, and business users to create, deploy, and monitor DQ rules.
- Create prototypes to verify DQ rules.
- Utilize DQ framework to deploy verified DQ rules.
- Mitigate and remediate DQ issues discovered with enhanced troubleshooting prototypes or DQ framework tools.
- Develop data quality framework with Data Engineering team (VDSI).
- Prototype Data Quality Rules in Jupyter Notebooks, IBM CP4D, and Informatica Data Quality Tool.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with data analytics.
- Experience delivering projects in the data management area: BI/DW, MDM, Analytics, Data Science, Data Governance and / or Data Quality.
Even better if you have:
- A degree. Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Sciences or Engineering.
- Experience in prototype creation.
- Experience with MDM tool analytics.
- Experienced with change management and organizational readiness as part of delivering new capabilities and systems.
- Knowledge of project tracking tools such as JIRA.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and critical thinking.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.