Senior AI Product Manager ( 578390-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The newly formed Platforms & Ecosystems organization will create business platforms and ecosystems that will radically amplify VCG growth, efficiencies and core business capabilities. The organization is not only focused on strengthening VCG's position in its current market but also shaping the go-to-market approach to create new revenue pathways that leverage VCG's business capabilities.
As the Senior Manager (Senior AI Product Manager) you will be responsible for building/ leading a team andown all aspects of delivering Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) solutions end to end, including but not limited to: solution design, solution development life-cycle, solution implementation, and demonstration of business value.
The AI@Scale program is a strategic initiative that aims to embed AI in the core of the organization. The AI programs are executed in partnership with the business and Enterprise AI & Data teams.
- Develop and execute a vision, strategy, and roadmap for products based on analytics and AI/ML that drive business outcomes, while considering user feedback, competitive analysis, and business goals
- Responsible for management and/or development of a product or products, including development of business requirements, planning, business justification, verification, forecasting, pricing, profitability, and launch at all stages of the product life cycle; involved in bringing products to market and longer-term evolution and maintenance of product suites.
- Identify AI opportunities across VCG and apply existing AI solutions in new ways to drive value at-scale
- Actively collaborate with change agents in the business and with business transformation managers to define & implement change elements to support the Ai solution.
- Proactively identify and address technical strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats across the AI/ML Automation landscape
- Explain standards and recommendations to business partners and drive alignment.
- Partner with business and technology stakeholders in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design, prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams charged with improving the customer and employee experiences and implementing strategic enterprise-wide efficiency-driving programs
- Prepare and execute regular program updates to senior management.
- Ensure adoption of solutions and processes so that improvements are realized
What we’re looking for...
You have an imaginative mind set and extensive experience with delivering AI/ML driven solutions. You are comfortable working in an innovation-focused environment – in particular, evaluating emerging trends and technologies to assess their feasibility, viability and functioning effectively in a fail-fast environment. You are a self-starter and a quick learner, to have a futurist mindset, and are able to innovate and report on tasks and status proactively.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience partnering with data scientists / BI teams on analytics projects.
- Experience with product/project management.
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying AI/ ML projects.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- MBA or Master’s degree in computer science, data science or an AI-related discipline.
- Black or Green Belt in Lean | Six-Sigma.
- Extensive knowledge of Verizon key business drivers, processes, and systems.
- Five or more years of experience in Telecom, customer service, retail sales, supply chain and/or Marketing.
- In-depth theoretical and practical knowledge in a few select areas from across the AI spectrum.
- Strong leadership abilities and documented management success record.
- Proficiency in engaging and influencing large teams and functional leaders.
- Excellent analytical, project management, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and effectively under extreme time constraints and deliver results by critical deadlines.
- Strong competency in Verizon and/or Telecom systems, practices and sales and support channels.
- Consulting experience working transformational initiatives.
- Understanding of AI-related coding languages
- Working knowledge of Data Visualization
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.