Principal Technical Product Manager (Network) ( 577707-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are honored that you are considering Visible as your next place of employment. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the U.S. Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies in the world, Visible offers unlimited messages, minutes, and data, on Verizon’s Network. Visible is designed to fundamentally change the way millions of consumers sign up for and manage their phone service.
Please note, although headquartered in Denver, we currently have a remote Work from Home Structure. We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Alpharetta GA, Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
A day in the life of a Product Manager at Visible starts with assessing value opportunities for your product area. On the days where those value opportunities are clearly defined you are collaborating with Product Design/UX/UI and engineering to ensure that the core value proposition you are seeking is reflected in the product output. On the days where Design and Engineering are well aligned on the problems to be solved, you are meeting with cross-functional internal stakeholders to get a thorough understanding of how changes to your product impact their operations, collecting data, and get ideas for making your product better. As a Product Manager at Visible, you bring a multi-disciplinary background that blends technical and business acumen. You are passionate about delivering a delightful and valuable experience to consumers who live their lives on their mobile phones.
- Work with the strategy team to understand broad stroke opportunities and identify usable, valuable and feasible product opportunities.
- Develop a roadmap that spans across all designated, components, systems, teams and value streams.
- Focus on growth and how to convert customers in a digital first environment.
- Establish and maintain metrics for product performance that align to business goals.
- Prioritize product features and opportunities within your product area.
- Confirm design and technology approach meets user needs and addresses value opportunity.
- Collect feedback from marketing, care and other operational functions to improve your product.
- Understanding Visible’s values, roll up your sleeves to do what is needed to keep development moving.
What we’re looking for...
Team player who collaborates well with others and embodies problem first solutioning for the customer and commitment to delving deep into the challenges that they present or experience.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of consumer technology product management experience.
- Knowledge of how mobile apps, websites and emerging technologies are used for a means to buy products and experience services.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and expert working knowledge of Google Suite, Asana, Jira, Atlassian, Slack, and Figma tools.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree.
- Product management interpersonal skills including but not limited to excellent written and oral communication skills, keen attention to detail, multitasking, interpersonal skills, and working well under pressure.
- Familiarity in dev-ops systems such as DNS, configuration management, Cloud infrastructure, Log collections; and can oversee our DevOps team set up, configure, and use various tools.
- Highly skilled in data migrations, 3rd party integrations, platform work and migrations.
- Technical background and ability to have collaborative, in-depth discussions with engineers & technology stakeholders during troubleshooting or during upgrades and migrations of DevOps projects related to engagement modules, hosting & server management in AWS, SSL, domain management, and telecom networks.
- A balance of technical and business acumen to evaluate product priorities.
- Ability to interpret API documentation and collaborate on design and engineering.
- Experience assessing landscape of solution alternatives to determine scalability, security, performance, alignment to brand, alignment to strategy, alignment to target market.
- Collaborative with teammates to negotiate direction on design and technology.
- Ability to develop proofs of concept using prototyping and design tools to articulate, quantify and validate opportunities.
- Ability to communicate to executive stakeholders and communicate ideas and concepts in layman's terms.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.