Are you looking for an organization with start-up spirit AND enterprise strength? Deloitte's ConvergeCONSUMER business offers both! We are looking for talented individuals with an innovative mindset and technical skillset to join our growing team and work as part of the ConvergeCONSUMER team using the latest technology to create differentiated products that achieve product / market fit.
Work you'll do
The Product Delivery Manager (PDM) will be part of ConvergeCONSUMER Sensing and Shaping product team. ConvergeCONSUMER is Deloitte Consulting's innovation and product arm committed to shaping the future of the consumer businesses across retail, consumer products manufacturing, automotive, transportation, and hospitality sectors. As a part of ConvergeCONSUMER, Sensing and Shaping product team builds and manages a suite of differentiated products that help consumer businesses anticipate and react to what consumers want.
• Product delivery: The Product Delivery Manager (PDM) is accountable to deliver products from concept to product / release launches in a timely fashion through an effective management of multi-disciplinary, highly-skilled product team members. The PDM is critical in ensuring that the product teams are excited and energized about the work they undertake.
• Agile practices: The PDM is expected to follow our agile methodology and practices to bring products to life using our suite of product lifecycle management tools, while running the daily SCRUM meetings
• Scope and budget: The PDM is responsible for release planning, cost estimation, putting together the team, and running the daily scrum meetings to confirm the delivery stays within scope and budget.
• Status updates: The PDM reviews the product delivery at the appropriate phase gates with ConvergeCONSUMER leadership, legal, and marketing stakeholders to confirm the Objectives and Key Results are met and to help inform leadership about product investment decisions.
• Team management: The PDM is expected to work with remote and geographically distributed teams to complete the product development.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
• Bachelor-level degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, or equivalent experience; ; an advanced degree is preferred
- 5+years of related experience in product management
- Demonstrated experience being scrum master
- Proven experience using a range of agile project management methods
- Experience in tracking and tracing delivery performance linked to Objectives and Key Results
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary product teams
• Experience using tools like Jira, Bitbucket, Xray, Artifactory, Concourse, Whitesource
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to converse with technical and non-technical people
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for immigration sponsorship now or in the future. How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.