Manager, GPS Pursuits (52926)
- Have direct accountability for the following aspects of the proposal management group operations:
- Lead "must-win" proposal opportunities, providing strategic and tactical advice and guidance to senior leadership and client service teams
- Performance management of immediate team members
- Make significant contribution to the development and continuous improvement of proposal management processes, tools, and templates.
- Work directly with account teams in the execution of the GPS Pursuit Methodology process to drive the development of compliant and compelling proposals
- Provide the leadership, methodologies, procedures, tools, and templates to support GPS proposal development efforts
- Have responsibility across multiple, concurrent projects
- Adjust to shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, last minute requirements, and occasional evening/weekend hours to accomplish tasks within non-negotiable client deadlines
- Provide leadership to a diversity of matrixed proposal teams and directly affect the outcomes of assigned proposals, thereby positively affecting win rates.
- Act as the central point for the proposal development process -
- Evaluate the solicitation requirements,
- Manage a timely process,
- Working with the technical teams to develop content that is clear, effective and consistent.
- Can assume this leadership role for extremely complex proposals,
- Demonstrate and contribute techniques and experience.
- Develop and maintain proposal management artifacts (e.g., SharePoint site, track pack, schedule, writer's outline/compliance matrix, governance model, common language guide, response templates, production/QA sheet)
- Participate in/facilitates pursuit proposal lifecycle planning (e.g., strategy, schedule, compliance, color team reviews, production)
- Support Pre-RFP GPS Pursuit Methodology activities, as available
- Drive schedule and time management of activities associated with the opportunity and address/escalate schedule slippages with Account Teams - writers, section leads, leadership - as applicable
- Direct production activities and timely submission of deliverables
- Provide guidance, sample content, and boilerplate materials to writers, as needed
- Facilitate activities of supporting areas: contracts, subcontracts, small business, pricing, competitive intelligence, legal, and quality control
- Facilitate completion of compliance and administrative forms (e.g., legal, quality control, contracts, small business, OCI), as appropriate
- Guide proposal teams in developing a strategic approach -
- Act in a strategic role, from pre-RFP to oral presentation stages,
- Brainstorm solutions providing tactical advice and guidance with the ability to drive strategy and solutions that result in winning submissions.
- Lead and collaborate with the proposal development team -
- Manage team members (of various specialties and at various levels of seniority) to develop responses that meet the needs of potential clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to bring creativity and original thinking to the framing and structuring of proposal.
- Debrief teams after proposal submittal -
- Interview team members on successful or unsuccessful strategies and tactics,
- Share results as appropriate and refining future proposal strategies and training.
- Contribute to the development of Deloitte's proposal team -
- Collaborate with other proposal team members,
- Support positive teambuilding,
- Take and conduct training as appropriate, and
- Continuously refine and improve proposal strategies.
- Provide oversight and guidance to assigned Pursuit COE team members - designers (graphics + formatting), writers/editors, and compliance/quality reviewers
- Counsel and/or mentors Pursuit Center of Excellence (COE) team members, as appropriate
- Develop and shares leading practices with the Pursuit COE team members
- Provides PMO Support to Orals Teams, when available
- Minimum of five (5) years in Federal and/or State Government proposal management, proposal development, and the direct management of proposal operational organizations
- Experience in leading large complex proposals with values in excess of $100M
- Approximately 7-10 years of work experience
- Diversity of experience in large corporate organizations and small business concerns
- Bachelor's degree (Masters desirable) with preferred concentration in Business, English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications, or comparable work experience
- Excellent communicator - both written and oral
- Experience leading teams in strategic and tactical discussions to increase probability of win (PWin)
- Experience in public speaking and presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Training in formal capture/proposal methodologies
- Industry-wide best practices in proposal management
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal / State procurement regulations and practices (including FAR and DFAR)
- Personnel/performance management, including areas such as EEO and employment law
- Project management and Capture management
- Editorial practice and standards
- This individual is typically responsible for:
- Performance management of three to five individual positions
- Management of proposal teams, both Deloitte and subcontractor
People and Project Management:
- A team player with an outstanding ability to work with people at all levels, including senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, from staff to senior leaders through a strong presence, thoughtful challenges, and use of sound judgment
- Strong interpersonal and political skills, including aptitude for building relationships, understanding team dynamics, taking initiative, and solving problems
- Keen listener, with the ability to quickly grasp ideas to be reflected in written documents and presentations
- Ability to read situations and adapt leadership style to achieve results
- Ability to work with grace and efficiency in a demanding, deadline-driven environment
- Team-oriented with a proven ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
- Ability to analyze information and make sound observations and recommendations quickly
How You'll Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.